NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 6 Combustion and Flame (Adhyay 6: Dahan aur Jwala) in Hind and English Medium to Study online or View in Video Format or download free in PDF format for session 2022-23 following new CBSE Syllabus. NCERT Sols and Offline-Online Apps 2022-2023 are based on latest NCERT Books 2022-2023 of other subjects are also available.
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 6
Class 8 Science Chapter 6 in English Medium
- 8 Science Chapter 6 Exercises Question Answers
- 8 Science Chapter 6 Exercises Answers in Hindi
- 8th Science NCERT Book Chapter 6 in Hindi
- Download 8th Science NCERT Book Chapter 6
- Download 8th Science Exemplar Book Chapter 6
- Download 8th Science Exemplar Answers Chapter 6
- Class 8 Science Solutions Main Page
|Chapter 6:||Combustion and Flame|
Class 8 Science Chapter 6 Answers
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 6 Combustion and Flame is given below. Video Format solution is also available. Download 8 Science Solutions App for offline use.
If you are facing any problem getting the solutions, please contact us for help. Ask your doubts through Discussion Forum.
Class 8 Science Chapter 6 Solution and Explanation in Hindi
Class 8 Science Chapter 6 Solution and Explanation Video
Class 8 Science Chapter 6 Important Questions for Practice
Why is water not used to control fires involving electrical equipment?
Water is not used to control fires involving electrical equipment because it may conduct electricity and harm those trying to douse the fire.
Explain how the use of CNG in automobiles has reduced pollution in our cities.
CNG produces very small amounts of harmful products like Sulphur dioxide, oxides of nitrogen, oxides of sulphur etc. CNG is a cleaner fuel.
Why is LPG a better domestic fuel than wood?
LPG is a good fuel as compared to wood as it readily available and it is cheap. It burns easily in air at a moderate rate and it produces a large amount of heat. It does not leave behind any undesirable substances.
Paper by itself catches fire easily whereas a piece of paper wrapped around an aluminium pipe does not. Why?
Paper by itself catches fire easily whereas a piece of paper wrapped around an aluminium pipe does not because the ignition temperature of paper is low as compare to the paper wrapped around an aluminium pipe.
Class 8 Science Chapter 6 MCQ with Answers
1. A substance which reacts with oxygen giving heat is called a combustible substance. Which, one of the following is a combustible substance?
(a) iron nail
(c) stone piece
2. Choose the incorrect statement from the following. A good fuel is one which:
(a) is readily available.
(b) produces a large amount of heat.
(c) leaves behind many undesirable substances.
(d) burns easily in air at a moderate rate.
3. Magnesium ribbon on burning in air produces
(a) magnesium oxide, water and light
(b) magnesium oxide and heat
(c) magnesium oxide, heat and light
(d) magnesium oxide, water and heat
4. If a person’s clothes catches fire, the best way to extinguish the fire is to:
(a) throw water on the clothes.
(b) use fire extinguisher.
(c) cover the person with a woolen blanket.
(d) cover the person with a polythene sheet.
5. The calorific value of a fuel is expressed in a unit called
(a) kilojoule per litre
(b) kilogram per mililitre
(c) kilojoule per gram
(d) kilojoule per kilogram
6. The substance expected to have the highest ignition temperature out of the following is
7. On placing an inverted tumbler over a burning candle, the flame extinguishes after some time. This is because of non-availability of
(b) water vapours
(c) carbon dioxide
8. Choose the correct statement about inflammable substances from the following. They have:
(a) low ignition temperature and cannot catch fire easily.
(b) high ignition temperature and can catch fire easily.
(c) low ignition temperature and can catch fire easily.
(d) high ignition temperature and cannot catch fire easily.
9. In villages, people use wood as fuel because:
(a) it is considered to be an ideal fuel.
(b) of its easy availability and low cost.
(c) it is environment friendly.
(d) it catches fire easily.
10. Shyam was cooking potato curry on a chulha. To his surprise he observed that the copper vessel was getting blackened from outside. It may be due to:
(a) proper combustion of fuel.
(b) improper cooking of potato curry.
(c) improper combustion of the fuel.
(d) burning of copper vessel.
Answers of Important Questions (MCQ)