NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 5 Conservation of Plants and Animals in English and Hindi Medium to Study online. The solutions are based on rationalised NCERT books published for academic session 2023-24 exams. CBSE Offline Apps and NCERT Solutions of class 8 other subjects are also available.
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 5
Class 8 Science Chapter 5 NCERT Solutions
- Class 8 Science Chapter 5 Question Answers
- Class 8 Science Chapter 5 in Hindi Medium
- Class 8 Science Chapter 5 Extra Questions
- Class 8 Science Chapter 5 MCQ
- Class 8 Science Chapter 5 NCERT Book
- Class 8 Science Chapter 5 Exemplar Book
- Class 8 Science Chapter 5 Exemplar Answers
- Class 8 Science NCERT Solutions
- Class 8 all Subjects NCERT Solutions
|Chapter 5:||Conservation of Plants and Animals|
|Content:||MCQ, Extra Questions and Exercises|
|Medium:||Hindi and English Medium|
Class 8 Science Chapter 5 Answers
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 5 Conservation of Plants and Animals is given below. All the solutions for class 8 science are updated for session 2023-24 based on latest NCERT Books issued following latest CBSE Syllabus.
Class 8 Science Chapter 5 Solution and Explanation in Hindi
Class 8 Science Chapter 5 Solution and Explanation Video
Class 8 Science Chapter 5 Important Questions for Practice
Why should we conserve biodiversity?
We should conserve biodiversity because it is very important for all living organisms and for the environment. We should conserve biodiversity to save it from becoming extinct.
What are the causes and consequences of deforestation?
The main cause of deforestation is growing urbanization and industrialization. Need for more land and resources have led to the cutting down of forests. The consequences of deforestation are desertification and natural calamities. It has also rendered many species of plants and animals unprotected and un-conserved.
What is Red Data Book?
Red Data Book keeps the record of all the endangered animals and plants. Different record books are maintained for endangered animals and endangered plants.
What do you understand by the term migration?
For the purpose of breeding and specific purposes some species of birds and animals move from their habitat to some other habitat. The birds move to far away areas every during a particular time because of climatic changes and return to their original habitat after some time. This periodical of some species is known as migration.
Class 8 Science Chapter 5 MCQ with Answers
1. Wild buffalo is an endangered species because
(a) its population is diminishing
(b) it has become extinct
(c) it is found exclusively in a particular area
(d) its poaching is strictly prohibited
2. In our country, large patches of forests are being cleared for cultivation of crops. The environmental impact of such a practice will lead to
(a) soil erosion
(c) soil pollution
(b) soil conservation
(d) soil fertility
3. Which one of the following changes may occur due to desertification?
(a) Decrease in atmospheric temperature.
(b) Increase in water holding capacity of soil.
(c) Increased chances of floods.
(d) Conversion of fertile land into a desert.
4. Which one of the following statements is true about endemic species?
(a) They are found exclusively in a specific habitat.
(b) Endemic species can never become endangered.
(c) They are found only in zoos and botanical gardens.
(d) They are not affected by the destruction of their habitat.
5. The Red Data Book keeps a record of all the
(i) endemic species. (iii) endangered plants. (ii) extinct species. (iv) endangered animals.
(a) i & ii;
(b) ii & iii;
(c) iii & iv;
(d) i & iv
6. Which of the following feature is correct for a wildlife sanctuary?
(a) It is an artificially created protected area for animals.
(b) It is a protected area for threatened and endangered wild animals.
(c) It is meant for conservation of only plant species.
(d) Capturing and poaching of animals is strictly prohibited here.
7. What do black buck, elephant, python and golden cat together represent in a forest?
8. Migratory birds fly to far away areas during a particular time of a year. Which of the following conditions present in their habitat during that time are responsible for this behaviour?
(i) Unavailability of food.
(ii) Extreme weather conditions.
(iii) Over crowding.
(iv) Lack of nesting areas.
(a) ii & iii;
(b) i & ii;
(c) i & iv
(d) ii & iv.
9. Which one of the following statements is true about a Biosphere Reserve?
(a) It is a protected area where only endemic species live.
(b) It is meant only for the conservation of plants and animals.
(c) It is meant to conserve both, the biodiversity and the culture of that area.
(d) There are no other protected areas within its limits.
10. Which statement is incorrect about endangered species?
(a) Their number has decreased drastically.
(b) They might become extinct in the near future.
(c) They pose a danger to other animals.
(d) Their natural habitat needs to be protected.
Answers of Important Questions (MCQ)