NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 12 Some Natural Phenomena in English and Hindi Medium to Study online modified and revised for session 2023-24. Contents for CBSE Exams updated according to new CBSE Syllabus and rationalised NCERT books issued for academic year 2023-24. NCERT Solutions as well as Offline Apps are based on latest NCERT Books.
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 12
Class 8 Science Chapter 12 in Hindi and English Medium
- Class 8 Science Chapter 12 Question Answers
- Class 8 Science Chapter 12 in Hindi Medium
- Class 8 Science Chapter 12 MCQ
- Class 8 Science Chapter 12 NCERT Book
- Class 8 Science Chapter 12 Exemplar Book
- Class 8 Science Chapter 12 Exemplar Answers
- Class 8 Science NCERT Solutions
- Class 8 all Subjects NCERT Solutions
|Chapter 12:||Some Natural Phenomena|
|Content:||MCQ, Exercises and Extra Questions|
|Medium:||Hindi and English Medium|
Class 8 Science Chapter 12 Solution and Explanation in Hindi
Class 8 Science Chapter 12 Answers
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 12 Some Natural Phenomena is given below in updated form for session 2023-24. Video Format solutions of all chapters are also available. Download 8 Science App for offline use free of cost.
Class 8 Science Chapter 12 Solution and Explanation
Class 8 Science Chapter 12 Important Questions for Practice
List three states in India where earthquakes are more likely to strike.
Three states in India are Gujrat, Rajasthan and Himachal Pradesh.
In India, the areas most threatened are Kashmir, Western and Central Himalayas, the whole of North-East, Rann of Kutch, Rajasthan and the Indo – Gangetic Plane. Some areas of South India also fall in the danger zone.
Suggest three measures to protect ourselves from lightning.
Safety Measures during Lightning:
Open space is dangerous. Take cover under a building.
Thunder storm is an indication to rush for safer place.
Once thundering stops, move out to an open place.
Explain why a charged body loses its charge if we touch it with our hand.
Human body is a good conductor of electricity. A charged body loses its charge when we touch it with hand because the charges get transferred through our body to earth. This process of transferring of charges from charged body to earth is known as earthing.
Sometime, a crackling sound is heard while taking off sweater during winters. Explain.
Normally, Sweater is made of wool and the other inner clothes like shirts are made up of cotton and synthetic fibres. Due to friction among these, static charge gets accumulated on the sweater. While taking off sweater, an electric discharge occurs between sweater and the body which results in forming of sparks and crackling sound.
Class 8 Science Chapter 12 MCQ with Answers
1. An electroscope is a device which is used to find if an object is
(c) free of cracks
2. Consider the list of terms given below
(i) Tsunami (ii) Landslide (iii) Floods (iv) Lightning
Earthquakes can cause
(a) (i), (ii) & (iii)
(b) (ii) & (iv)
(c) (ii), (iii) & (iv)
(d) (iii) & (iv)
3. Electric current is to be passed from one body to another. For this purpose the two bodies must be joined by
(a) cotton thread
(b) plastic string
(c) copper wire
(d) rubber band
4. Two charged objects are brought close to each other. Choose the most appropriate statement from the following options:
(a) they may attract
(b) they may repel
(c) they may attract or repel depending on the type of charges they carry
(d) there will be no effect
5. The outermost layer of earth is called
(b) outer core
(d) inner core
6. Which of the following is not likely to cause Tsunami?
(a) A major nuclear explosion under sea
(c) Volcanic eruption
7. Consider the list of terms given below:
(i) Seismic Zone (iii) Mantle (ii) Fault Zone (iv) Inner Core
The boundaries of the earth’s plate are known as
(a) (i) & (ii)
(b) (i) & (iii)
(c) (iii) & (iv)
(d) (ii), (iii) & (iv)
8. Major earthquakes are less likely to occur in
(a) North East India
(c) Rann of Kutch
9. The movement of the earth’s plates causes
10. The earth’s plate responsible for causing earthquakes is
(a) the crust of the earth
(b) the mantle of the earth
(c) the inner core of the earth
(d) the outer core of the earth
Answers of Important Questions (MCQ)