NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 8 Cell-Structure and Functions (अध्याय 8: कोशिका – संरचना एवं प्रकार्य) to Study online or download free in PDF form. NCERT Textbook Solutions of all subjects subjects are also available.
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 8
Visit to Class 8 Science Main page
Cell – Structure and Functions: Question answers
- View Online NCERT Solutions Chapter 8
- Multiple Choice Questions with answers
- Download NCERT Solutions Chapter 8
- Download NCERT Book Chapter 8
- Download Exemplar Book Chapter 8
- Download Answers Chapter 8
Class 8 Science Chapter 8 Exercises Answers
Important Questions with answers
1. Choose the correct statement with respect to unicellular organisms:
(a) in unicellular organisms, tissues work in co-ordination to perform different functions.
(b) unicellular organisms do not require food.
(c) unicellular organisms respire and reproduce.
(d) all unicellular organisms move by cilia.
2. Read the different combinations of terms given below:
The correct combination of terms with reference to an animal cell is
(a) cell wall, cell membrane, nucleus, plastid
(b) cell wall, nucleus, ribosome, chromosome
(c) cell membrane, mitochondria, ribosome, chromosome
(d) cell membrane, ribosome, mitochondria, chloroplast.
3. The jelly-like fluid substance present in cells is called
4. Read the following terms and select the pair that is related to
inheritance of characters.
(a) cell wall and cell membrane
(b) chromosome and mitochondria
(c) chloroplast and cell membrane
(d) chromosome and genes
5. Green colour of leaves is due to presence of the pigment_____
6. The most important function of cell membrane is that it:
(a) controls the entry and exit of materials from cells.
(b) controls only the entry of materials into cells.
(c) controls only the exit of materials from cells.
(d) allows entry and exit of materials without any control.
7. Of the following parts of a cell listed below, name the part that is common to plant cell, animal cell and a bacterial cell.
(c) cell membrane
(b) cell wall
8. Identify the statement which is true for cells.
(a) Cells can be easily seen with naked eyes.
(b) Insect’s egg is not a cell.
(c) A single cell can perform all the functions in a unicellular organism.
(d) The size and shape of cells is uniform in multicellular organisms
9. Which of the following feature will help you in distinguishing a plant cell from an animal cell?
(a) cell wall
(b) cell membrane
10. Which of the following statements are true for eukaryotic cells?
(i) They do not have a nuclear membrane.
(ii) They have a well organised nucleus.
(iii) They have a nuclear membrane.
(iv) Blue green algae are eukaryotic cells.
(a) ii and iv
(b) ii and iii
(c) i and ii
(d) i and iv
- 1 (c)
- 2 (c)
- 3 (d)
- 4 (d)
- 5 (a)
- 6 (a)
- 7 (c)
- 8 (c)
- 9 (a)
- 10 (b)