NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 9 Reproduction in Animals (अध्याय 9: जंतुओं में जनन) to Study online or download free in PDF form. Download NCERT Solutions for the subjects Maths, Hindi, English and Social also.
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 9
Visit to Class 8 Science Main page
Reproduction in Animals: Question answers
- View Online NCERT Solutions Chapter 9
- Multiple Choice Questions with answers
- Download NCERT Solutions Chapter 9
- Download NCERT Book Chapter 9
- Download Exemplar Book Chapter 9
- Download Answers Chapter 9
Class 8 Science Chapter 9 Exercises Answers
Important Questions with answers
1. Sets of reproductive terms are given below. Choose the set that has an incorrect combination.
(a) sperm, testis, sperm duct, penis
(b) menstruation, egg, oviduct, uterus
(c) sperm, oviduct, egg, uterus
(d) ovulation, egg, oviduct, uterus
2. In human beings, the correct sequence of events during reproduction is
(a) gamete formation, fertilisation, zygote, embryo
(b) embryo, zygote, fertilisation, gamete formation
(c) fertilisation, gamete formation, embryo, zygote
(d) gamete formation, fertilisation, embryo, zygote
3. In humans, the development of fertilised egg takes place in the
4. Animals exhibiting external fertilisation produce a large number of gametes. Pick the appropriate reason from the following.
(a) The animals are small in size and want to produce more offsprings.
(b) Food is available in plenty in water.
(c) To ensure better chance of fertilisation.
(d) Water promotes production of large number of gametes.
5. In human beings, after fertilisation, the structure which gets embedded in the wall of uterus is
6. Reproduction by budding takes place in
7. Aquatic animals in which fertilisation occurs in water are said to be:
(a) viviparous without fertilisation.
(b) oviparous with external fertilisation.
(c) viviparous with internal fertilisation.
(d) oviparous with internal fertilisation.
8. In the list of animals given below, hen is the odd one out: human being, cow, dog, hen
The reason for this is
(a) it undergoes internal fertilisation.
(b) it is oviparous.
(c) it is viviparous.
(d) it undergoes external fertilisation.
9. After fertilisation, the resulting cell which gives rise to a new individual is the
10. Which of the following statements about reproduction in humans is correct?
(a) Fertilisation takes place externally.
(b) Fertilisation takes place in the testes.
(c) During fertilisation egg moves towards the sperm.
(d) Fertilisation takes place in the human female.
- 1 (c)
- 2 (a)
- 3 (d)
- 4 (c)
- 5 (b)
- 6 (a)
- 7 (b)
- 8 (b)
- 9 (d)
- 10 (d)