NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths Chapter 5 Exercise 5.4 Optional Exercises Arithmetic Progressions (Samantar Shreni) PDF format in Hindi Medium and English Medium updated for new session 2022-2023 free to use. NCERT Solutions 2022-23 are helpful for all the students studying in CBSE, MP Board and UP Board and all other board who are following CBSE Syllabus 2022-2023. Download NCERT Apps and Solutions for offline use.
NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths Chapter 5 Exercise 5.4
|Class: 10||Maths (English and Hindi Medium)|
|Chapter 5:||Exercise 5.4|
10 Maths Chapter 5 Exercise 5.4 Solutions
NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths Chapter 5 Optional Exercise 5.4 AP to use online without downloading or download in PDF format free updated for new session 2022-23. Download options are given on this page. Move to Class 10 Mathematics Chapter 5 main page for other exercises whether download or online study. Visit to Discussion Forum to ask your questions and respond the questions asked by otheres.
Class 10 Maths Exercise 5.4 Solution in Hindi Medium Video
Class 10 Maths Chapter 5 Exercise 5.4 Solution in Videos
Important Extra Questions with Answers
1. The sum of first q terms of an A.P. is 63q – 3q². If pth term is –60, find the value of p. Also find the 11th term of this A.P. [Answer: p = 21, a11 = 0]
2. In an A.P. the first term is –2, the last term is –29 and sum of all terms is –155. Find the 11th term of this A.P. [Answer: – 32]
3. The sum of first 20 terms of an A.P. is one third of the sum of next 20 term. If first term is 1, find the sum of first 30 terms of this A.P. [Answer: 900]
4. The sum of first 10 terms of an A.P. is one third of the sum of next 10 terms. If first term is –5, find the sum of its first 30 terms. [Answer: – 4500]
5. The eighth term of an A.P. is half the second term and the eleventh term exceeds one -third of its fourth term by 1. Find its 15th term. [Answer: 3]
Questions for Practice in AP
1. The sum of first six terms of an A.P. is 42. The ratio of its 10th term to its 30th term is 1:3 calculate the first and thirteenth term of the A.P. [Answer: a = 2]
2. An old lady Krishna Devi deposited ₹120000 in a bank at 8% interest p.a. She uses the annual interest to give five scholarships to the students of a school for their overall performances each year. The amount of each Scholarship is ₹300 less than the preceding scholarship. Find the amount of each scholarship. [Answer: ₹2520, ₹2220, ₹1920, ₹1620, ₹1320]
3. Ram asks the labour to dig a well upto a depth of 10 metre. Labour charges are ₹150 for first metre and ₹50 for each subsequent metre. As labour was uneducated, he claims ₹550 for the whole work. What should be the actual amount to be paid to the labour? What value of Ram is depicted in the question if he pays ₹600 to the labourer? [Answer: ₹600]
Ask your doubts related to NIOS or CBSE Board and share your knowledge with your friends and other users through Discussion Forum.
Are the questions asked from exercise 5.4 class 10th Maths in Board exams?
In spite of being an optional exercise, questions can be asked from exercise 5.4 (chapter 5) of class 10th mathematics in Board exams. The question number 1 is asked several times in board exams. This exercise contains very good, interesting, tricky and logical questions.
Which are the most important questions of exercise 5.4 of class 10th math?
Normally question 3, 4 and 5 are considered as the most important questions of exercise 5.4 in Maths of class 10th. These questions are frequently asked in board exams also.
Why most of the students find exercise 5.4 of class 10th math difficult?
Most students find exercise 5.4 of class 10th math difficult because this exercise contains tricky and logical questions. Questions of this exercise require higher order thinking skills.
How much time students need to complete exercise 5.4 of 10th mathematics?
Students need maximum 1-2 days to complete exercise 5.4 (chapter 5) of class 10th mathematics, if he is spending at least 4 hours per day. Most of the time its depends on student’s speed and capability also.