NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Civics Chapter 2
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Civics Chapter 2 (Political Science) Federalism in PDF form to free download for new academic session 2020-21 based on latest CBSE Curriculum and following the new CBSE Textbooks.Ask your doubts related to all subjects through Discussion Forum and respond to the questions already asked by other users. In this way you can share your knowledge with your friends and other users.
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Civics Chapter 2
|Subject:||Social Science – Civics|
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Civics Chapter 2 in PDF
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Civics Political Science Chapter 2 in PDF form updated for new academic year 2020-21. Offline Apps for all subject available on Play Store are free to download and use. Visit to Discussion Forum to ask your doubts and share your view to the questions already asked.
Class 10 Political Science Important Questions & Notes
- 10th Political Science Chapter 1: Important Questions: Power SharingRead more
- 10th Political Science Chapter 2: Important Questions: FederalismRead more
- 10th Political Science Chapter 3: Important Questions: Democracy and DiversityRead more
- 10th Political Science Chapter 4: Important Questions: Gender, Religion and CasteRead more
- 10th Political Science Chapter 5: Important Questions: Popular Struggle and MovementRead more
- 10th Political Science Chapter 6: Important Questions: Political PartiesRead more
- 10th Political Science Chapter 7:Important Questions: Outcome of DemocracyRead more
What are the importance of local government in present day democracy?
The importance of local government:
(i) Various problems are sorted out at local level.
(ii) It helps the people to directly participate in decision making.
(iii) It reduces the burden of central Government.
(iv) Local government is according to decentralisation of power.
How the legislative powers have been divided?
In India, the legislative powers have been divided into three lists.
Union List: Subjects of national importance ex. foreign affairs banking, currency etc.
State List: Subjects of state and local importance ex. – Police, trade, agriculture, etc.
Concurrent List: Subjects of common interests of both the union Government as well as the state Government.
Why was the minority ‘French speaking community relatively rich and powerful?
In Brussels, the capital of Belgium, the French speaking people are in majority. The power has been into the hands of French people for a longer period and benefitted them for economic development and education. The French speaking population was better read, more qualified and had access to more resources than the native Dutch Population. The French were part of an aristocracy of trades man and
thus were financially strong.
What is meant by a Coalition Government?
When two or more political parties come together to form a government. It is called Coalition Government.
What other factors besides politics keep the federations united?
(i) Power sharing arrangement between the central and state government.
(ii) Independent role of judiciary.
(iii) Language ethnicity.
(iv) Response to conflicting claims.
(v) Active participates of the people.
Types of Federations
Coming together federations: When independent states come together on their own to form a bigger unit Ex- USA, Australia, Switzerland etc.
Holding together federation: When a large country divides its power between the constituent states and the national government Ex- India, Spain, Belgium etc.
A few Gram Panchayat are grouped together to form what is usually called a Panchayat or Block or Mandat Samiti the member of this representative body are elected by all the panchayat members in that area.
One Mark Questions with Answers
1. Name the only state of India which has its own constitution?
2. According to our constitution, who has the power to legislate on ‘residuary’ subjects?
3. How ‘Panchayat Samiti is constituted?
4. Who can make laws relating to the subjects mentioned in the concurrent list?
5. How many countries have federal political system in the world?
Answers of 1 Mark Questions
1. Jammu & Kashmir
2. Union Government.
3. Panchayat Samiti is constituted by a few gram Panchayats grouped together.
4. Both Union Govt. and State Govt.
Important Questions on Class 10 Civics Chapter 2
In a unitary form of government, all the power is exercised by only one government. For example, in Sri Lanka, the national government has all the powers.
Three – Tier govt., – local govt. formed.
Large no: of problems and issues.
Local people-better knowledge of local problems.
Democratic participation – local self – govt.
1992- Amendment – third tier made – more powerful.
Reservation of seats for SC, ST, OBC.
Reservation for women.
Creation of state EC to control elections.
State govt. to share power & revenue with local govt.
President or Sarpanch.
Directly elected by the people.
Works under the supervision of gramasabha (all voters of the village).
Meets twice or thrice a year to approve the budget of Grama Panchayat.