NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Civics Chapter 3
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Civics Chapter 3 (Political Science Chapter 3) Democracy and Diversity in PDF format free to download or view online updated for new academic session 2021-2022 based on latest CBSE Curriculum 2021-22.Discussion Forum is a platform to share your knowledge and help the other by answering their questions. It is simply FAQ for all CBSE Classes. This chapter to be assessed in the Periodic Tests only and will not be evaluated in Board Examination.
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Civics Chapter 3
|Subject:||Social Science – Civics|
|Chapter 3:||Democracy and Diversity|
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Civics Chapter 3 in PDF
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Civics Chapter 3 in PDF form free download updated for new academic session 2021-22. CBSE Solutions Apps and NCERT Books based on latest CBSE Syllabus 2021-22 are available to download in PDF form. Ask your doubts related to education in NIOS board or CBSE Board via Discussion Forum.
Class 10 Political Science Important Questions & Notes
- 10th Political Science Chapter 1: Important Questions: Power SharingRead more
- 10th Political Science Chapter 2: Important Questions: FederalismRead more
- 10th Political Science Chapter 3: Important Questions: Democracy and DiversityRead more
- 10th Political Science Chapter 4: Important Questions: Gender, Religion and CasteRead more
- 10th Political Science Chapter 5: Important Questions: Popular Struggle and MovementRead more
- 10th Political Science Chapter 6: Important Questions: Political PartiesRead more
- 10th Political Science Chapter 7:Important Questions: Outcome of DemocracyRead more
How can religion influence politics?
(i) Gandhi Ji believed that politics must be guided by ethics drawn from all religious.
(ii) Ideas, ideals and values drawn from different religion can play a role in politics.
(iii) People should have the freedom to express in politics their needs, interest and demands as a member of a religious community.
(iv) People who hold political power should see the discrimination and oppression does not take place due to religion.
What is meant by a Homogeneous Society?
A society that has similar kinds of people especially where there is no significant ethnic difference.
What do you know about Civil Rights Movement?
It refers to a set of events and reforms movements aimed at abolishing legal racial discrimination against
African – Americans.
Who are called Migrants?
Anybody who shift from one region or country to another region within country or to another country for work or other economic opportunities.
(i) The first and foremost factor is for people to see their identities as multiple and complementary to the national identity. This helps them to stay together.
(ii) The second factor depends on how political leaders raise the demands of any community. The demands should be within the constitutional framework and not at the cost of another community.
(iii) The third factor depends on how the demands of different groups are met by the government. The demands of minority community should also be kept in mind.
Why did Smith wear a black scarf around his neck and Carlos a string of beads during medal ceremony at Mexico City in 1968?
Smith wore a black scarf around his neck to represent black pride and Carlos wore a string of beads to commemorate black people who had been killed.
Reasons of Origins of Social Differences
According to NCERT Books for Class 9, the reasons of Origins of Social Differences are as follows:
(i) Based on our choices: Normally we don’t choose to belong to our community. We belong to it because we were born into etc.
(ii) Based on our choices: Some of the differences are based on our choices. For example, religion, occupation, sports etc. Some people are atheists. They don’t believe in God or any religion. Some people choose to follow a particular religion. Most of us choose which occupation to take up.
(iii) Based on economic status: Economic status can also be responsible for social differences. Rich and poor people belonging to the same community or religion often do not keep close relations with each other as they feel that they are very different.
One Mark Questions with Answers
1. Where was the Olympic event of 1968 held?
2. In which countries does the women’s representation in politics is high?
3. Who were Tommie Smith and John Carlos?
4. Which region has the highest women’s representation in the national parliament?
5. Who was the leaders of Civil Rights Movement in the United States?
6. What is called a person who does not discriminate others on the basis of religious beliefs?
7. What did mean black-gloved and raised clenched fists of Tommie Smith and John Carlos?
8. What does gender division refer to?
9. What was the main reasons of disintegration of Yugoslavia?
10. In which university, the statue of Tommie Smith, John Carlos and Peter Norman has been installed?
Answers of 1 Mark Questions
2. Finland, Sweden and Norway
3. They were African – Americans. They won medals in 200 metres race.
4. Nordic countries.
5. Martin Luther king Jr.
7. Black Power
8. Gender division refers to the unequal roles assigned to men and women by the society.
9. Religious and ethnic reasons
10. San Jose state University.
Download NCERT Books and Offline Apps 2021-22 based on new CBSE Syllabus. Ask your doubts related to NIOS or CBSE Board and share your knowledge with your friends and other users through Discussion Forum.