NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths Chapter 1 Exercise 1.1 Real Numbers (वास्तविक संख्याएँ) in PDF format. Solution are in Hindi Medium and English Medium free for CBSE Board, MP Board as well as UP Board NCERT Books. These solutions are further updated as per latest CBSE Curriculum 2018-19 on the basis of student’s suggestions. Download (Exercise 1.1) here in PDF or view it online.
NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths Chapter 1 Exercise 1.1
Class 10 Maths Chapter 1 Exercise 1.1 Solutions in English Medium
NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths Chapter 1 Exercise 1.1 of Real numbers in English medium to use it online. Click here to get the solutions of other exercises of Class 10 Maths Chapter 1. CLICK HERE for Hindi Medium Solutions.
Class 10 Maths Chapter 1 Exercise 1.1 Solutions in Hindi Medium
NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths Chapter 1 Exercise 1.1 of वास्तविक संख्याएँ in हिंदी माध्यम to use it online. Click here to get the solutions of other exercises of Class 10 Maths Chapter 1. Go back to English Medium Solutions.
Important Terms related to Real Numbers
- Euclid’s division Lemma: For given positive integers ‘a’ and ‘b’ there exist unique whole numbers ‘q’ and ‘r’ satisfying the relation a = bq + r, o ≤ r < b.
- Euclid’s division algorithm: HCF of any two positive integers a and b with a > b is obtained as follows:
- Step 1 : Apply Euclid’s division lemma to a and b to find q and r such that a = bq + r, 0 ≤ r < b.
- Step 2 : If r = 0 then HCF (a, b) = b ; if r ≥ 0 then again apply Euclid’s lemma to b and r.
Repeat the steps till we get r = 0
- The fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic: Every composite number can be expressed (factorized) as a product of primes and this factorization is unique, apart from the order in which the prime factors occur.
Important Questions with Answer for Practice
- Write the general form of an even integer. [Answer: 2m]
- Find the largest integer which divides 245 and 1029 leaving remainder 5 in each case. [Answer: 16]
- Write the form in which every odd integer can be written taking t as variable. [Answer: 2t +1]
- If the HCF of 408 and 1032 is expressible in the form 1032y – 408×5, then find y. [Answer: 2]
- What would be the value of n for n²–1 divisible by 8. [Answer: An odd integer]
- Two tankers contain 650 litres and 1170 litres of petrol respectively. Find the maximum capacity of a tanker which can measure the petrol of either tanker in exact number of times. [Answer: 130 litres]
- State whether 7 × 11 × 13 + 7 is a composite number or a prime number. [Answer: Composite]
- A bookseller purchased 117 books out of which 45 books are of mathematics and the remaining 72 books are of Physics. Each book has the same size. Mathematics and Physics books are to be packed in separate bundles and each bundle must contain the same number of books. Find the least number of bundles which can be made for these 117 books. [Answer: 13]
- Is 5.131131113… a rational number or irrational number? [Answer: Irrational]
Go Back to Chapter 1: Click Here