NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 5 Coal and Petroleum (अध्याय 5: कोयला और पेट्रोलियम) whether you Study online or View in Video Format or go for download in PDF form. NCERT Textbook Solutions of other subjects are also available.
Table of Contents
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 5
Visit to Class 8 Science Main page
Coal and Petroleum: Question answers
- View Online NCERT Solutions Chapter 5
- View in Video Format
- Multiple Choice Questions with answers
- Download NCERT Solutions Chapter 5
- Download NCERT Book Chapter 5
- Download Exemplar Book Chapter 5
- Download Answers Chapter 5
- Download 8 Science App
Class 8 Science Chapter 5 Exercises Answers
NCERT Solutions for class 8 Science Chapter 5 Coal and Petroleum in English Medium is given below to view online. View in Video Format or visit to Class 8 Science Main page or Top of the page. Download 8 Science App for offline use.
8 Science Chapter 5 Solutions in Video
NCERT Solutions for class 8 Science Chapter 5 explanation with question answers in video format with complete description. Download 8 Science App for offline use.
Important Questions with answers
1. Various materials which are obtained from nature are called natural resources. Which of the following is not a natural resource?
2. Choose the correct statement from the following:
(a) It is difficult to transport natural gas through pipes.
(b) The disadvantage of natural gas is that it cannot be used directly for burning in homes.
(c) Natural gas is stored under high pressure as compressed natural gas.
(d) Natural gas cannot be used for power generation.
3. Air is a natural resource and cannot be exhausted by human activities. It is known as inexhaustible natural resource. Which of the following is another inexhaustible natural resource?
4. Coal is processed in industries to get some useful products. Which of the following is not obtained from coal?
(b) coal tar
(c) coal gas
5. Petroleum was formed from organisms:
(a) living on the land
(b) living on the plants
(c) living in the sea
(d) living on the rocks
6. Exhaustible natural resources are:
(a) unlimited in quantity.
(b) not dependent on nature.
(c) limited in quantity.
(d) not exhausted by human activities.
7. Which of the following is not a constituent of petroleum?
(a) paraffin wax
(b) lubricating oil
8. Coal is formed from the remains of
(a) vegetation only
(b) animals only
(c) both vegetation and animals
(d) neither vegetation nor animals
9. Naphthalene balls are obtained from coal tar and are used as
(a) mosquito repellant
(b) honey bee repellant
(c) moth repellant
(d) snake repellant
10. Fossil fuels are obtained from:
(a) remains of non-living materials.
(b) dead remains of birds only.
(c) dead remains of insects only.
(d) dead remains of living organisms.
- 1 (d)
- 2 (c)
- 3 (c)
- 4 (d)
- 5 (c)
- 6 (c)
- 7 (d)
- 8 (a)
- 9 (c)
- 10 (d)
- Download Class 8 Science App
- Download Class 8 Maths App
- Download कक्षा 8 गणित App