NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 7 Conservation of Plants and Animals (अध्याय 7: पौधे एवं जंतुओं का संरक्षण) to Study online or download free in PDF form. NCERT Solutions of other subjects are also available.
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 7
Visit to Class 8 Science Main page
Conservation of Plants and Animals: Question answers
- View Online NCERT Solutions Chapter 7
- Multiple Choice Questions with answers
- Download NCERT Solutions Chapter 7
- Download NCERT Book Chapter 7
- Download Exemplar Book Chapter 7
- Download Answers Chapter 7
Class 8 Science Chapter 7 Exercises Answers
Important Questions with answers
1. Wild buffalo is an endangered species because
(a) its population is diminishing
(b) it has become extinct
(c) it is found exclusively in a particular area
(d) its poaching is strictly prohibited
2. In our country, large patches of forests are being cleared for cultivation of crops. The environmental impact of such a practice will lead to
(a) soil erosion
(c) soil pollution
(b) soil conservation
(d) soil fertility
3. Which one of the following changes may occur due to desertification?
(a) Decrease in atmospheric temperature.
(b) Increase in water holding capacity of soil.
(c) Increased chances of floods.
(d) Conversion of fertile land into a desert.
4. Which one of the following statements is true about endemic species?
(a) They are found exclusively in a specific habitat.
(b) Endemic species can never become endangered.
(c) They are found only in zoos and botanical gardens.
(d) They are not affected by the destruction of their habitat.
5. The Red Data Book keeps a record of all the
(i) endemic species. (iii) endangered plants. (ii) extinct species. (iv) endangered animals.
(a) i & ii;
(b) ii & iii;
(c) iii & iv;
(d) i & iv
6. Which of the following feature is correct for a wildlife sanctuary?
(a) It is an artificially created protected area for animals.
(b) It is a protected area for threatened and endangered wild animals.
(c) It is meant for conservation of only plant species.
(d) Capturing and poaching of animals is strictly prohibited here.
7. What do black buck, elephant, python and golden cat together represent in a forest?
8. Migratory birds fly to far away areas during a particular time of a year. Which of the following conditions present in their habitat during that time are responsible for this behaviour?
(i) Unavailability of food.
(ii) Extreme weather conditions.
(iii) Over crowding.
(iv) Lack of nesting areas.
(a) ii & iii;
(b) i & ii;
(c) i & iv
(d) ii & iv.
9. Which one of the following statements is true about a Biosphere Reserve?
(a) It is a protected area where only endemic species live.
(b) It is meant only for the conservation of plants and animals.
(c) It is meant to conserve both, the biodiversity and the culture of that area.
(d) There are no other protected areas within its limits.
10. Which statement is incorrect about endangered species?
(a) Their number has decreased drastically.
(b) They might become extinct in the near future.
(c) They pose a danger to other animals.
(d) Their natural habitat needs to be protected.
- 1 (a)
- 2 (a)
- 3 (d)
- 4 (a)
- 5 (c)
- 6 (a)
- 7 (a)
- 8 (b)
- 9 (c)
- 10 (c)