NCERT Solutions for class 12 Maths chapter 5 Continuity and Differentiability in Hindi and English Medium updated for CBSE 2023-24. Get here solutions of 12th Maths chapter 5 with modified rationalised syllabus for 2023-24.
12th Maths Chapter 5 Solution in English and Hindi Medium
- Class 12 Maths Exercise 5.1 in English
- Class 12 Maths Exercise 5.2 in English
- Class 12 Maths Exercise 5.3 in English
- Class 12 Maths Exercise 5.4 in English
- Class 12 Maths Exercise 5.5 in English
- Class 12 Maths Exercise 5.6 in English
- Class 12 Maths Exercise 5.7 in English
- 12th Maths Chapter 5 Miscellaneous in English
12th Maths Chapter 5 Solution in Hindi Medium
|Chapter 5:||Continuity and Differentiability|
|Content:||Exercise and Extra Questions|
|Content Type:||Text, PDF and Online Videos|
|Medium:||English and Hindi Medium|
NCERT Solutions for class 12 Maths chapter 5
Class XII Mathematics chapter 5 all exercises (ex. 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6, 5.7, and miscellaneous exercise) English Medium and Hindi Medium. All the NCERT sols are updated for academic session 2023-24 for all boards who are following class 12 NCERT Books for their course. CBSE Solutions are in the format of PDF file and Video. Videos related to Class 12 Mathematics chapter 5 all exercises are given below in Hindi and English Medium. UP Board Students also using the same NCERT textbooks as CBSE Students. So, these solutions are useful for those also in solving their doubts. Download UP Board Solutions for Class 12 Maths Chapter 5 in Hindi and English Medium. NCERT Solutions and corresponding Offline Apps are also available to free download. All the contents on this website are free to use.
12th Maths Chapter 5 Solutions
NCERT Solutions for class 12 Maths chapter 5 Continuity and Differentiability all exercises with miscellaneous exercises in Hindi and English Medium free to download. Download NCERT Books for class 12 all subjects for 2023-24 based on latest CBSE Syllabus. Join the discussion forum to ask the doubts and discuss questions with the other users..
Class 12 Maths Chapter 5 Study Material
- Class 12 Maths NCERT Book Chapter 5
- Class 12 Maths Revision Book Chapter 5
- Class 12 Maths Revision Book Answers
- Download Class 12 Maths Assignment 1
- Download Class 12 Maths Assignment 2
- Download Class 12 Maths Assignment 2 Answers
- Download Class 12 Maths Assignment 3
- Download Class 12 Maths Assignment 4
- Class 12 Maths NCERT Solutions
- Class 12 all Subjects NCERT Solutions
- The main points of the chapter are continuous functions, algebra of continuous functions, differentiation and continuity, chain rule, rules for derivative of inverse functions, derivative of implicit function, parametric and logarithmic functions. Second order derivatives, mean value theorems (LMV) and Rolle’s Theorem.
- Calculus (differentiability) deals with related variables and constants. In differential calculus we investigate the way in which ‘one quantity varies when the other related quantity is made to vary’. We find the rate of change (in Application of derivatives) one variable quantity relative to another variable. The relation between a function and its derivative is same as between displacement of a particle and its velocity.
- The derivative of f(x) at x = a is represented by the slope (gradient) of the tangent to the curve y = f(x) at the point P[a, f(a)].
Let f be a real function defined in the closed interval [a, b] such that
(i) f is continuous in the closed interval [ a, b ]
(ii) f is differentiable in the open interval ( a, b )
(iii) f (a) = f (b)
Then f'(c) = 0, where c lies in (a, b).
MEAN VALUE THEOREM
Let f be a real valued function defined on the closed interval [a, b] such that
(a) f is continuous on [a, b], and
(b) f is differentiable in (a, b)
Then there exists a point c in the open interval (a, b) such that f ‘(c) = [f (b) – f (a)]/[b – a]
Which exercise of chapter 5 of class 12th Maths has the least number of sums?
Chapter 5 of class 12th Maths has nine exercises:
- In the first exercise (Ex 5.1), there are 20 examples (examples 1 to 20) and 34 questions.
- In the second exercise (Ex 5.2), there are three examples (examples 21, 22, 23) and ten questions.
- The third exercise (Ex 5.3) has four examples (examples 24, 25, 26, 27) and 15 questions.
- The fourth exercise (Ex 5.4) contains two examples (examples 28, 29) and ten questions.
- There are four examples (examples 30, 31, 32, 33) and 18 questions in the fifth exercise (Ex 5.5).
- In the sixth exercise (Ex 5.6), there are four examples (examples 34, 35, 36, 37) and 11 questions.
- In the seventh exercise (Ex 5.7), there are four examples (examples 38, 39, 40, 41) and 17 questions.
- The last (Miscellaneous) exercise has five examples (examples 44, 45, 46, 47, 48) and 23 questions.
So, the 8th exercise (Ex 5.7) has the least number of problems.
How many theorems and definitions are there in chapter 5 of Class 12th Maths?
There are seven theorems, one corollary, and four definitions in chapter 5, Continuity and Differentiability of class 12th Maths. All theorems, corollaries, and definitions are significant for the exams.
What are the main topics of chapter 5 of class 12th Maths NCERT?
The main topics of chapter 5 of class 12th Maths are:
- Algebra of continuous functions
- Derivatives of composite functions
- Derivatives of implicit functions
- Derivatives of inverse trigonometric functions
- Exponential and logarithmic functions
- Logarithmic differentiation
- Derivatives of functions in parametric forms
- Second order derivative
Is there any topic to revise before starting chapter 5 of 12th standard Maths?
Before starting chapter 5 (Continuity and Differentiability) of 12th standard Maths, students should revise chapter 13 (Limits and Derivatives) of grade 11th Maths. Chapter 13 of class 11th Maths works as a base for chapter 5 of class 12th Maths.