NCERT Solutions for Class 2 Science Chapter 13 Going to the Moon all question answers and assignments updated for new academic session 2022-2023 free to download. In Class 2 Science chapter 13, students will know about the journey to Moon. Here, the facts related to all the steps taken to reach the base of Moon, is given. This chapter increase the curiosity about the Moon’s geography.
Study Material for Class 2 Science Chapter 13
The moon is the nearest neighbour of the earth in space. It is about 3,84,000 kilometers away from the earth. The moon is a satellite of the earth. The moon goes around the earth and completes one orbit in 28 days. There is no air to breathe and water to drink on the moon. Moon has no light of its own. It looks bright due to the reflection of the light that gets from sun.
Going to the Moon
Man goes to the moon by a rocket. The man who goes to the moon is called an astronaut. An astronaut wears a special dress called spacesuit. Astronauts wear an oxygen mask that supplies air for breathing. There is no air or water on the moon.
Human being on Moon
Human beings had always dreamed, came true in1969. Three astronauts flew to the moon in a rocket. One of them, Neil Armstrong was the first man to step on the moon.
India’s first Astronaut on moon
Rakesh Sharma became India’s first man in space, he was the first Indian cosmonaut.
Kalpana Chawla was the first Indian woman to go into space. She went in space for the first time in 1997.
Sunita Williams another Indian woman stayed in space for the six months in 2007.
1. Moon looks very small because it is very far from us.
2. There is no life on the moon.
3. Man goes to the moon by a rocket.
4. The man who goes into the space is called an astronaut.
5. Neil Armstrong was the first man to land on the moon.
6. Kalpana Chawla was the first Indian woman to go into the space.
7. In 1969, Neil Armstrong became the first man to step on the moon.
8. Sunita Williams stayed in space for six months.
Select the correct answer for given questions:
The first person to land on the moon was
The first Indian to go into space was
The first Indian woman to go into space was
Fill in the blanks with the given words: (Air, Neil Armstrong, life, Kalpana Chawla)
1. ______ was the first man to step on the moon.
2. There is no _____ to breathe on the moon.
3. There is no _____ on the moon.
4. ______ was the first Indian woman to go on moon.
1. Neil Armstrong
4. Kalpana Chawla
Why does the moon appear so small?
The moon is very big. It looks small because it is very far from us.
Why is there no life on moon?
There no life on moon because there is no air or water on the moon.
What is a satellite?
A satellite is a small heavenly body that moves around a big heavenly body.