NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 12 Electricity and Circuits in English Medium or Hindi Medium following the new CBSE Curriculum 2022-2023 based on latest NCERT Books for new session. NCERT Solutions Offline Apps and Video Format Solutions based on NCERT Books 2022-23 are available to free download. Visit to Discussion Forum to see, What your friends want to know?
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 12
|Chapter 12:||Electricity and Circuits|
Class 6 Science Chapter 12 Answers
Important Questions on 6th Science Chapter 12 for Practice
1. In an electric bulb, light is produced due to the glowing of
(a) the glass case of the bulb.
(b) the thin filament.
(c) the thick wires supporting the filament.
(d) gases inside glass case of the bulb.
2. Filament of a torch bulb is
(a) a metal case.
(b) metal tip at the centre of the base.
(c) two thick wires.
(d) a thin wire.
3. Choose the incorrect statement.
(a) A switch is the source of electric current in a circuit.
(b) A switch help to complete or break the circuit.
(c) A switch helps us to use electricity as per our requirement.
(d) When the switch is open there is an air gap between its terminals.
4. Paheli is running short of connecting wires. To complete an electric circuit, she may use a
(a) glass bangle. (b) thick thread. (c) rubber pipe. (d) steel spoon.
5. When the chemicals in the electric cell are used up, the electric cell stops producing electricity. The electric cell is then replaced with a new one. In case of rechargeable batteries (such as the type used in mobile phones, camera and inverters), they are used again and again. How?
6. Why do bulbs have two terminals?
7. Paheli wanted to glow a torch bulb using a cell. She could not get connecting wires, instead, she got two strips of aluminium foil. Will she succeed? Explain, how?
8. A torch is not functioning, though contact points in the torch are in working condition. What can be the possible reasons for this? Mention any three.
Answers of Important Questions
5. Rechargeable batteries can be recharged by providing them appropriate current.
6. Bulb has two terminals to connect the filament with the circuit so that the current can pass through it.
7. Yes. Aluminium foils can act as connecting wires.
8. The possible reason could be
(i) the bulb may be fused. (ii) the cells may have been used up. (iii) the cells are not placed in the correct order. (iv) the switch is faulty.
Important Questions on Class 6 Science Chapter 12
What is the purpose of using an electric switch? Name some electrical gadgets that have switches built into them.
A switch is a simple device that either breaks the circuit or completes it. The switches used in lighting of electric bulbs and other devices in homes work on the same principle. In radio, TV, mobiles, torch and electric toys have in built switches.
What is a filament of a bulb?
The thin wire that gives off light is called the filament of the bulb. The filament is fixed to two thicker wires, which also provide support to it.
What is a switch?
Switch is a simple device that is used to either break the electric circuit or to complete it.
What do you mean by a conductor?
Materials that allow electric current to pass through them are called conductors.
What are insulators?
Materials that do not allow electric current to pass through them are called insulators.