NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 8 Light, Shadows and Reflections in English and Hindi Medium for CBSE session 2023-24. The question answers of chapter 8 class VI science is revised according to new syllabus and latest NCERT textbooks issued for academic year 2023-24.
|Chapter 8:||Light, Shadows and Reflections|
|Content:||NCERT Exercise and Extra Questions|
|Content Type:||Text, Images and Online Videos|
|Medium:||Hindi and English Medium|
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 8
Class VI Science NCERT Solutions are given in Video Format also based on 6th NCERT Books with updated NCERT Solutions Apps. We have updated all the questions according to new Books. Download the NCERT Solutions for other subjects also in PDF. Put Your Questions in Discussion Forum to get a proper answer.
Important Questions on 6th Science Chapter 8 for Practice
1. Which of the following can never form a circular shadow?
(a) A ball
(b) A flat disc
(c) A shoe box
(d) An ice cream cone
2. Which of the following is/are not always necessary to observe a shadow?
(c) Source of light
(d) Opaque object
3. Two students while sitting across a table looked down on to its top surface. They noticed that they could see their own and each other’s image. The table top is likely to be made of:
(a) unpolished wood (b) red stone (c) glass sheet (d) wood top covered with cloth
4. Paheli observed the shadow of a tree at 8:00 a.m., 12:00 noon and 3:00 p.m. Which of the following statements is closest to her observation about the shape and size of the shadow?
(a) The shape of the shadow of the tree changes but the size remains the same.
(b) The size of the shadow of the tree changes but the shape remains the same.
(c) Both the size and shape of the shadow of the tree change.
(d) Neither the shape nor the size of the shadow changes.
5. Correct the following statements.
(i) The colour of the shadow of an object depends on its colour of the object.
(ii) Transparent objects allow light to pass through them partially.
6. On a sunny day, does a bird or an aeroplane flying high in the sky cast its shadow on the ground? Under what circumstances can we see their shadow on the ground?
7. A student covered a torch with red cellophane sheet to obtain red light. Using the red light she obtains a shadow of an opaque object. She repeats this activity with green and blue light. Will the colour of the light affect the shadow ? Explain.
8. You are given a transparent glass sheet. Suggest any two ways to make it translucent without breaking it.
Important Questions on Class 6 Science Chapter 8
What are luminous objects?
Objects like the sun that give out or emit light of their own are called luminous objects.
What do you understand by a translucent object?
There are some objects through which we can see, but not very clearly. Such objects are known as translucent.
When are shadows formed?
Shadows are formed when an opaque object comes in the path of light.
How does Light travel?
Light travels in straight line.
Answers of Important Questions
5. (i) The colour of the shadow of an object does not depend on its colour.
(ii) Translucent objects allow light to pass through them partially or transparent objects allow most of the light to pass through them.
6. No. Shadow of the bird can only be seen when the bird is flying very low close to the ground.
7. The colour of light will not affect the shadow, because shadow is the dark patch formed when an object obstructs the path of light and hence no light reaches in the shadow region.
8. (i) By applying oil, grease, butter on it or pasting a butter paper on it.
(ii) Grinding (rubbing) the surface of the glass by any abrasive material.