NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 10 Fun with Magnets in English and Hindi Medium for new session 2023-2024. The question answers of chapter 10 class 6 science are revised according to new syllabus and latest textbooks issued for academic year 2023-24.
Class 6 Science Chapter 10 Solution in Hindi and English Medium
|Chapter 10:||Fun with Magnets|
|Content:||Exercise and Practice Questions|
|Content Type:||Text, Images and Videos|
|Academic Session:||CBSE 2023-24|
|Medium:||Hindi and English Medium|
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 10
View all the solutions in Video Format based on new CBSE Syllabus 2023-24 and latest NCERT Books as well as Offline Solutions App. If you have any question to ask, please visit to Discussion Forum.
Important Questions on 6th Science Chapter 10 for Practice
1. A bar magnet is immersed in a heap of iron filings and pulled out. The amount of iron filling clinging to the
(a) North pole is almost equal to the south pole.
(b) North pole is much more than the south pole.
(c) North pole is much less than the south pole.
(d) Magnet will be same all along its length.
2. North pole of a magnet can be identified by
(a) Another magnet having its poles marked as North pole and South pole.
(b) Another magnet no matter whether the poles are marked or not.
(c) Using an iron bar.
(d) Using iron filings.
3. Paheli and her friends were decorating the class bulletin board. She dropped the box of stainless steel pins by mistake. She tried to collect the pins using a magnet. She could not succeed. What could be the reason for this?
4. Three identical iron bars are kept on a table. Two out of three bars are magnets. In one of the magnet the North-South poles are marked. How will you find out which of the other two bars is a magnet? Identify the poles of this magnet.
5. A toy car has a bar magnet laid hidden inside its body along its length. Using another magnet how will you find out which pole of the magnet is facing the front of the car?
6. How will you test that ‘tea dust’ is not adulterated with iron powder?
7. You are provided with two identical metal bars. One out of the two is a magnet. Suggest two ways to identify the magnet.
8. Suggest an activity to prepare a magnetic compass by using an iron needle and a bar magnet.
Important Questions on Class 6 Science Chapter 10
Write any two properties of a magnet.
Opposite poles of two magnet attract each other while like poles of two magnet repel each other. A freely suspended magnet always aligns in N-S direction.
What are magnetic materials?
Magnet attracts materials like iron, nickel, cobalt. These are called magnetic materials.
What are non-magnetic materials?
Materials that are not attracted towards magnet are called non-magnetic.
How many poles a magnet has?
Each magnet has two magnetic poles—North and South.
Answers of Important Questions
3. The pins are made of stainless steel which is a non/magnetic material.
4. The magnet with known poles will attract and repeat two ends of a magnet and attend both the end of an ordinary bar. (Test for repulsion)
5. If the front of the toy car gets attracted to the north pole of the given magnet then it is the south pole of the bar magnet hidden inside the car.
6. By using a magnet. If it has iron powder they will stick on to the magnet.
7. (1) By suspending the metal bars (2) By attracting iron filings (3) Using another magnet.
8. Magnetise the needle and set it in a way that it may rotate freely suspend it.