CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 9 Soil (अध्याय 9 मृदा) free PDF download or View online or View in Video Format based on latest NCERT Books and NCERT Solutions Apps for new academic session 2019 – 20.
CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 9
Soil: Question – Answers
- View Online Chapter 9 Answers
- View in Video Format
- Download Chapter 9 Answers
- Download NCERT Book Chapter 9
- Download Exemplar Book Chapter 9
- Download Answers Chapter 9
7 Science Chapter 9: Soil
7 Science Chapter 9 Sols in Video
NCERT Solutions for class 7 Science Chapter 9 explanation with question answers in video format with complete description. Download 7th Class App for offline use.
Important Questions with Answers
- Soil conservation measures are mainly aimed at protecting which of the following?
(b) Top soil
(c) Sub soil
(d) Soil organisms
- The microorganisms present in the soil require moisture (water) and nutrients for growth and survival. Choose from the options below the habitat (place) where the soil has plenty of water and nutrients.
(c) Open field
(d) Cricket ground
- Read the following statements with reference to soil.
(i) Weathering is a very fast process of soil formation.
(ii) Percolation of water is faster in sandy soils.
(iii) Loamy soil contains only sand and clay.
(iv) Top soil contains the maximum amount of humus.
Choose the correct statements from the above.
(a) (ii) and (iv)
(b) (i) and (iii)
(c) (ii) and (iii)
(d) (i) and (ii)
- Availability of water and minerals in the soil for maximum absorption by roots is in the–
(d) surface of soil
- Read the following statements and give the appropriate terms for each of them.
(a) The process of breakdown of rocks by the action of wind, water, sunlight.
(b) Removal of top soil during heavy rains or strong winds.
(c) Accumulation of wastes in the soil generated by human activity which alter the features of soil.
(d) The process of movement of water into deeper layers of soil.
- Which of the following situations – ‘A’ or ‘B’ – is advantageous for absorption of water and minerals? Why?
Situation ‘A’: Growth and branching of roots in the C-horizon.
Situation ‘B’: Growth and branching of roots in A and B horizons.
- A man digging a pit found that he could dig with ease initially but digging became difficult as he went deeper. He could not dig beyond a depth of 5 feet. Provide a suitable scientific explanation.
- 1 (b)
- 2 (b)
- 3 (a)
- 4 (c).
- 5. (a) Weathering (b) Erosion (c) Soil pollution (d) Percolation
- 6. Situation ‘B’ is advantageous to plants because A- and B- horizons are rich in water, minerals and humus.
- 7. The soil surface has loose top soil which is easier to dig. At deeper layers, partially weathered rocks or bedrocks are present, which are hard making digging difficult.