NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 8 Winds, Storms and Cyclones in English Medium or in Hindi Medium free in PDF format to download or View online without any login or registration for 2022-2023. View these solutions in Video Format based on latest NCERT Books 2022-23. Download NCERT Solutions Apps for new academic session 2020 – 2021. Discuss your questions and Share Your View with your friends via Discussion Forum.
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 8
|Chapter 8:||Winds, Storms and Cyclones|
Class 7 Science Chapter 8 Answers
CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 8 Winds, Storms and Cyclones is given below to use online or View in Video Format. Visit to Discussion Forum to share your knowledge with the others.
Class 7 Science Chapter 8 Explanation and Solutions in Videos
Important Questions on 7th Science Chapter 8 for Practice
1. A curtain is hanging at the entrance of a room. A long corridor runs at right angles to the door that is parallel to the curtain. If a strong wind blows along the corridor, the curtain will
(a) get pushed inside the room.
(b) get pushed outside the room.
(c) get collected towards one end/swirled.
(d) remain unaffected.
2. Following are precautions one must take in case a storm is accompanied by lightning.
(i) Do not take shelter under a tree.
(ii) Do not take shelter under an umbrella with a metallic end.
(iii) Do not take shelter in open garages, storage sheds, etc.
(iv) Do not take shelter in a bus in the open.
Which one of these is not correct?
3. A fire alarm usually detects smoke in case of fire. Where should such an alarm be placed in a room?
(a) Near the door
(b) On the floor
(c) On any wall
(d) On the ceiling
4. Which of the following place is most likely to be affected by a cyclone?
5. Name the ocean which is mainly responsible to bring rain bearing monsoon winds to Kerala coast in June every year?
6. State whether the following statements are True or False:
(i) If wind flows from land to the ocean, then it is daytime.
(ii) A very high pressure system, with very high speed wind surrounding it forms a cyclone.
(iii) The coast line of India is not vulnerable to cyclones.
(iv) Warm air is lighter than cool air.
7. Paheli kept an empty bottle made of plastic inside a refrigerator. After few hours, when she opened the refrigerator she found the bottle had collapsed. Explain the possible reason.
Answers of Important Questions
5. Indian Ocean
6. (i) False (ii) False (iii) False (iv) True
7. The air inside the bottle contracts due to low temperature hence the bottle collapses due to the outside pressure.
Important NCERT Questions Class 7 Science Chapter 8
Suggest two methods to find out wind direction at a given place.
The following methods can be used to get the direction of wind: Take some fine and lighter sand in your hand and slowly slip it off. Movement of dust particles in a particular direction will give the direction of wind flowing. Fly a kite. In the direction the kite flies shall be the wind direction. Take bit of paper on your palm. The piece will fly in the direction of wind is blowing. Use anemometer or wind wane.
Fill the missing word: Wind is __________ air.
Wind is moving air.
Air exerts pressure in all directions. If banners and hoardings do not have holes, pressure exerted by wind may tear them off or make them fall. Holes let the air pass through and reduce the air pressure on banners and hoardings.
How will you help your neighbors in case cyclone approaches your village/town?
On approaching of the cyclone, we should do the following: Help our neighbours and friends in shifting their important household goods, cattle and vehicles to safer places. Communicate with government agencies like police, fire brigade, medical centres and other emergency service points as per requirement. We should store water for safe drinking. We should avoid driving roads nearby flood hit areas.