NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 9 The Living Organisms and Their Surroundings in English Medium or View in Video Format based on CBSE Offline Apps based on new CBSE Curriculum and latest NCERT Text Books for 2019-20.
|Class 6:||Science – विज्ञान|
|Chapter 9:||The Living Organisms and Their Surroundings|
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 9
6 Science Chapter 9: The Living Organisms and Their Surroundings
- View Online Chapter 9 Answers
- View in Video Format
- Download Chapter 9 Answers
- NCERT Book Chapter 9
- Exemplar Book Chapter 9
- Answers Chapter 9
- NCERT Books for Class 6 English Medium (All Subjects)
- NCERT Books for Class 6 Hindi Medium (All Subjects)
6 Science Chapter 9 Exercises Question Answers
6 Science Chapter 9 Solutions in Video
NCERT Solutions for class 6 Science Chapter 9 explanation with question answers in video format with complete description. Download Class 6 Offline App for offline use.
Important Questions with answers
- Which of the following are characteristics of living beings?
(i) Respiration (ii) Reproduction (iii) Adaptation (iv) Excretion
Choose the correct answer from the options below:
(a) (i), (ii) and (iv) only (b) (i) and (ii) only
(c) (ii) and (iv) only (d) (i), (ii), (iii) and (iv)
- Which of the following cannot be called a habitat?
(a) A desert with camels.
(b) A pond with fishes.
(c) A jungle with wild animals.
(d) Cultivated land with grazing cattle.
- Which of the following is an incorrect statement about excretion?
(a) Excretion takes place in plants.
(b) Excretion takes place both in plants and animals.
(c) Excretion is the process of getting rid of excess water only.
(d) Secretion is one method of excretion.
- Earthworms breathe through their
(a) skin (b) gills (c) lungs (d) stomata
- Following are some features of plants
(i) They lose a lot of water through transpiration.
(ii) Their leaves are always broad and flat.
(iii) They lose very little water through transpiration.
(iv) Their roots grow very deep into the soil.
Which of the combination of above features are typical of desert plants?
(a) (i) and (ii) (b) (ii) and (iv) (c) (ii) and (iii) (d) (iii) and (iv)
- Which of the following is not an example of response to stimulus?
(a) Watering in mouth when we see delicious food items.
(b) Closing of leaves of mimosa plant when touched.
(c) Shutting our eyes when an object is suddenly thrown in our direction.
(d) A chick hatching out of an egg.
- Boojho comes across an animal having a stream-lined and slippery body. What is the habitat of the animal?
(a) Water (b) Desert (c) Grassland (d) Mountain
- Which of the following is correct for respiration in plants?
(a) Respiration takes place only during day time.
(b) Respiration takes place only during night.
(c) Respiration takes place both during day and night.
(d) Respiration takes place only when plants are not making food.
1 (d), 2 (d), 3 (c), 4 (a), 5 (d), 6 (d), 7 (a), 8 (c).