NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 14 Chemical Effects of Electric Current (अध्याय 14: विधुत धारा के रासानिक प्रभाव) to Study online or View in Video Format or download free in PDF form. NCERT Textbook Solutions as well as Offline Apps of other subjects are also available.
|Chapter 14:||Chemical Effects of Electric Current|
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 14
Visit to Class 8 Science Main page
Chemical Effects of Electric Current: Question answers
- View Online NCERT Solutions Chapter 14
- View in Video Format
- Multiple Choice Questions with answers
- Download NCERT Solutions Chapter 14
- Download NCERT Book Chapter 14
- Download Exemplar Book Chapter 14
- Download Answers Chapter 14
Class 8 Science Chapter 14 Exercises Answers
8 Science Chapter 14 Solutions in Video
NCERT Solutions for class 8 Science Chapter 14 explanation with question answers in video format with complete description. Download Class 8 Apps for offline use.
Important Questions with answers
1. An electric current can produce
(a) heating effect only.
(b) chemical effect only.
(c) magnetic effect only.
(d) chemical, heating, and magnetic effects.
2. Boojho’s uncle has set up an electroplating factory near his village. He should dispose off the waste of the factory
(a) in the nearby river.
(b) in the nearby pond.
(c) in the nearby cornfield.
(d) according to the disposal guidelines of the local authority.
3. Which one of the following solutions will not conduct electricity?
(a) lemon juice
(c) tap water
(d) vegetable oil
4. When electric current is passed through a conducting solution, there is a change of colour of the solution. This indicates
(a) the chemical effect of current.
(b) the heating effect of current.
(c) the magnetic effect of current.
(d) the lightning effect of current.
5. Fill in the blanks
(a) The object to be electroplated is taken as ____________ electrode.
(b) One of the most common applications of chemical effect of electric current is ______________.
(c) Small amount of a mineral salt present naturally in water makes it a______________ of electricity.
(d) Electroplating of ______________ is done on objects like water taps and cycle bell to give them a shiny appearance.
6. Name the effect of current responsible for the glow of the bulb in an electric circuit.
7. Paheli wants to deposit silver on an iron spoon. She took silver nitrate (AgNO3) solution in a beaker and setup a simple circuit for electroplating. Which terminal of the battery should the spoon be connected to? What material should the other electrode be made of?
8. An electric current is passed through a conducting solution. List any three possible observations.
- 1 (d)
- 2 (d)
- 3 (d)
- 4 (a)
- 5 (a) Cathode (c) Conductor (b) Electroplating (d) Chromium
- 6 Heating effect of electric current.
- 7 The spoon should be connected to the negative terminal of the battery. The other electrode should be made of silver.
- 8 Bubbles of gas may be formed on the electrodes. Deposits of metal may be seen on electrodes. Change in the colour of the solution may take place. The solution may get heated.(Any three)