NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 17 Stars and The Solar System (अध्याय 17: तारे एवं सौर परिवार) to Study online or View in Video Format or download free in PDF form. Download NCERT Solutions android Offline Apps of other subjects are also.
|Chapter 17:||Stars and the Solar System|
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 17
Visit to Class 8 Science Main page
Stars and The Solar System: Question answers
- View Online NCERT Solutions Chapter 17
- View in Video Format
- Multiple Choice Questions with answers
- Download NCERT Solutions Chapter 17
- Download NCERT Book Chapter 17
- Download Exemplar Book Chapter 17
- Download Answers Chapter 17
Class 8 Science Chapter 17 Exercises Answers
8 Science Chapter 17 Solutions in Video
NCERT Solutions for class 8 Science Chapter 17 explanation with question answers in video format with complete description. Download Class 8 Apps for offline use.
Important Questions with answers
1. Morning star is the name given to
(a) pole star
(b) star Sirius
(c) planet Jupiter
(d) planet Venus
2. Sun appears to move from east to west around the earth. This means that earth rotates from
(a) east to west
(b) west to east
(c) north to south
(d) west to north
3. Suppose a new planet is discovered between Uranus and Neptune. Its time period would be
(a) less than that of Neptune.
(b) more than that of Neptune.
(c) equal to that of Neptune or Uranus.
(d) less than that of Uranus.
4. An astronaut standing on the surface of the moon throws a ball upwards. The ball would
(a) directly fall down from the point it is released.
(b) hang in space.
(c) go up and then come back to the surface of the moon.
(d) keep going up never to come back.
5. The change in seasons on the earth occurs because
(a) the distance between the earth and the sun is not constant.
(b) the axis of rotation of the earth is parallel to the plane of its orbit.
(c) the axis of rotation of the earth is perpendicular to the plane of its orbit.
(d) the axis of rotation of the earth is tilted with respect to the plane of its orbit.
6. State whether the following statements are ‘True’ or ‘False’.
(a) The planet nearest to us is Jupiter.
(b) All the stars are at the same distance from us.
(c) The planets do not emit light of their own.
(d) The planets keep changing their position with respect to stars.
(e) The planet Venus appears in the eastern sky before sunrise.
(f) The plane in which the earth revolves around the sun is called equatorial plane of earth.
- 1 (d)
- 2 (b)
- 3 (a)
- 4 (c)
- 5 (d)
- 6 (a) False; (b) False; (c) True; (d) True; (e) True; (f) False