NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 18 Pollution of Air and Water (अध्याय 18: वायु तथा जल का प्रदूषण) to Study online or download free in PDF form. NCERT Textbook Answers of other subjects are also available.
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 18
Visit to Class 8 Science Main page
Pollution of Air and Water: Question answers
- View Online NCERT Solutions Chapter 18
- Multiple Choice Questions with answers
- Download NCERT Solutions Chapter 18
- Download NCERT Book Chapter 18
- Download Exemplar Book Chapter 18
- Download Answers Chapter 18
Class 8 Science Chapter 18 Exercises Answers
Important Questions with answers
1. Air is a mixture of various gases. One of the gases is 21% part of the air and is essential for the survival of human beings. This gas is
2. A pond contains clean water. Which of the following activities will produce least pollution of water?
(a) washing clothes in the pond
(b) animals bathing in the pond
(c) washing motor vehicles in the pond
(d) swimming in the pond.
3. Which of the following is not a source of air pollution?
(a) automobile exhaust
(b) burning of firewood
(d) power plant
4. Which of the following is not a way to conserve water?
5. Incomplete combustion of fuel such as petrol and diesel gives
(a) nitrogen oxide
(b) sulphur dioxide
(c) carbon monoxide
(d) carbon dioxide
6. The type of pollution which is likely to affect Taj Mahal in Agra to a greater extent is
(a) air pollution
(b) water pollution
(c) soil pollution
(d) noise pollution
7. Potable water is the water which is
(a) obtained from a river.
(b) obtained from a lake.
(c) pure and fit for drinking.
(d) used only for washing clothes.
8. Boojho wishes to contribute in reducing air pollution. Which vehicle should he use for going to school?
(b) school bus
9. Which of the following procedures will give you water free from all impurities?
(a) adding chlorine tablets
11. Trees help in reducing the pollution of our environment. Lakhs of trees are planted by people in the month of July every year. The occasion is called
(a) forest Conservation Day
(b) plantation month
(c) Van Mahotsav
(d) wildlife week
- 1 (b)
- 2 (d)
- 3 (c)
- 4 (a)
- 5 (c)
- 6 (a)
- 7 (c)
- 8 (b)
- 9 (b)
- 10 (c)