NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 6 Combustion and Flame (अध्याय 6: दहन और ज्वाला) to Study online or View in Video Format or download free in PDF form. NCERT Sols and Apps based on Solutions of other subjects are also available.
|Chapter 6:||Combustion and Flame|
Table of Contents
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 6
Visit to Class 8 Science Main page
Combustion and Flame: Question answers
- View Online NCERT Solutions Chapter 6
- View in Video Format
- Download 8 Science App
- Multiple Choice Questions with answers
- Download NCERT Solutions Chapter 6
- Download NCERT Book Chapter 6
- Download Exemplar Book Chapter 6
- Download Answers Chapter 6
Class 8 Science Chapter 6 Exercises Answers
8 Science Chapter 6 Solutions in Video
NCERT Solutions for class 8 Science Chapter 6 explanation with question answers in video format with complete description. Download Class 8 Apps for offline use.
Important Questions with answers
1. A substance which reacts with oxygen giving heat is called a combustible substance. Which, one of the following is a combustible substance?
(a) iron nail
(c) stone piece
2. Choose the incorrect statement from the following. A good fuel is one which:
(a) is readily available.
(b) produces a large amount of heat.
(c) leaves behind many undesirable substances.
(d) burns easily in air at a moderate rate.
3. Magnesium ribbon on burning in air produces
(a) magnesium oxide, water and light
(b) magnesium oxide and heat
(c) magnesium oxide, heat and light
(d) magnesium oxide, water and heat
4. If a person’s clothes catches fire, the best way to extinguish the fire is to:
(a) throw water on the clothes.
(b) use fire extinguisher.
(c) cover the person with a woolen blanket.
(d) cover the person with a polythene sheet.
5. The calorific value of a fuel is expressed in a unit called
(a) kilojoule per litre
(b) kilogram per mililitre
(c) kilojoule per gram
(d) kilojoule per kilogram
6. The substance expected to have the highest ignition temperature out of the following is
7. On placing an inverted tumbler over a burning candle, the flame extinguishes after some time. This is because of non-availability of
(b) water vapours
(c) carbon dioxide
8. Choose the correct statement about inflammable substances from the following. They have:
(a) low ignition temperature and cannot catch fire easily.
(b) high ignition temperature and can catch fire easily.
(c) low ignition temperature and can catch fire easily.
(d) high ignition temperature and cannot catch fire easily.
9. In villages, people use wood as fuel because:
(a) it is considered to be an ideal fuel.
(b) of its easy availability and low cost.
(c) it is environment friendly.
(d) it catches fire easily.
10. Shyam was cooking potato curry on a chulha. To his surprise he observed that the copper vessel was getting blackened from outside. It may be due to:
(a) proper combustion of fuel.
(b) improper cooking of potato curry.
(c) improper combustion of the fuel.
(d) burning of copper vessel.
- 1 (d)
- 2 (c)
- 3 (c)
- 4 (c)
- 5 (d)
- 6 (c)
- 7 (a)
- 8 (c)
- 9 (b)
- 10 (c)
- Download Class 8 Offline Apps