NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Civics Chapter 7
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Civics Chapter 7 (Political Science Chapter 7) Outcomes of Democracy in PDF form free to download updated for new academic session 2020-21 based on new CBSE Syllabus and updated NCERT Books for 2020-2021.In this chapter we will learn how do we assess democracy’s outcomes. Accountable, responsive and legitimate government with Economic growth and development, Reduction of inequality and poverty, Accommodation of social diversity and Dignity and freedom of the citizens.
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Civics Chapter 7
|Subject:||Social Science – Civics|
|Chapter 7:||Outcomes of Democracy|
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Civics Chapter 7 in PDF
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Civics Chapter 7 in PDF form free to download updated for new academic session 2020-21. Download Study Material, NCERT Books, Offline Apps and other supportive material based on latest CBSE Syllabus 2020-21.
Class 10 Political Science Important Questions & Notes
- 10th Political Science Chapter 1:
- 10th Political Science Chapter 2:
- 10th Political Science Chapter 3:
- 10th Political Science Chapter 4:
- 10th Political Science Chapter 5:
- 10th Political Science Chapter 6:
- 10th Political Science Chapter 7:
How are democratic governments better than other forms of governments?
Democracy is always preferable and superior to any other form of government because of the following reasons:
(i) Democracy promotes equality among citizens.
(ii) Democracy enhances dignity of individuals.
(iii) Democracy improves the quality of decision making.
(iv) Democracy develops competitive attitude
(v) Democracy evolves mechanism to negotiate
(vi) Democracy represents the general view
(vii) Democracy provides and accountable, responsive and legitimate government.
What are the main features that are common in all democratic set-ups of the governments?
Common features in all the democratic set-ups are:
(i) Elections are held at regular intervals and are free and fair.
(ii) A democracy has a multi-party system and elections are held on the basis of universal adult franchise.
(iii) Freedom of speech, expression and thought is another feature of democracy.
(iv) The media is free and helps in building a sound public opinion.
(v) Democracy gives its citizens a sound political system bases on equality.
(vi) Another feature of a democracy is a strong opposition which keeps in check the ruling party or the government.
(vii) One can correct one’s mistakes in a democracy and avoid conflicts.
What is the main outcome of democracy with reference to reduction of inequality and poverty?
Democracy is based on political equality. All individuals have equal right in electing representatives. Parallel to the process of bringing individuals into the political arena on an equal footing, find growing economic inequalities. A few number of rich enjoy a highly disproportionate share of wealth and incomes. Not only that their share in the total income of the country has been increasing. Those at the bottom of the society have very little to depend upon. Their incomes have been declining and sometimes they find it difficult to meet their basic needs of life such as food, clothing, house, education and health.
What are the merits and demerits each of dictatorship?
(i) There are no competing political parties. Which ensures stability in the government.
(ii) The orders are carried out as soon as they are passed in dictatorship. This brings speed and efficiency in the system.
(iii) The dictators take all the decisions themselves. This enables them to take quick and decisive decisions.
(i) Suppression of civil Liberties. The people are not allowed to disagree with the policies and programs of the government.
(ii) As all the decisions are taken by the dictators themselves, therefore, they do not consult anybody before taking decisions.
(iii) Violence: Violence is very common in dictatorship. The dictators can go to any extent to remain in the power.
Important Terms related to 10 Civics Chapter 7
Sovereignty: Supreme power of the state to take decisions in the internal as well as external matters.
Democracy: Democracy is a government in which everyone has a share.
Accountability: The responsibility or obligation of government officials to act in the best interests of people or society.
Dictatorship: An autocratic form of absolute rule by leadership unrestricted by law, constitution or other social and political factors.
By-elections: Special elections to few seats rendered vacant during the running term (by death, resignation or disqualification).
Legitimate Government: A government under which law and action of the government are revealed to the people and government function in transparent manner.
One Mark Questions with Answers
1. What is meant by Ballot?
2. In Which South Asian country is dictatorship preferred over democracy?
3. What does mean transparency?
4. Which South Asian country has always had a democratic government since independence?
5. Why is there a delay in decision-making and implementation in a democracy?
6. Which aspect of democracy describes that it is a government run by the consent of the people?
7. Which form of government stands much superior in promoting dignity and freedom of the individual?
8. Decisions taken by which type of government are likely to be more acceptable to the people and more effective?
9. Which South Asian country remains least doubtful about the suitability of democracy for its country?
10. Who has said ” Democracy is a government of the people, by the people and for the people.”
Answers of 1 Mark Questions
1. The paper on which the names of the candidates who are contesting elections for a particular office are printed and the voters indicate their choice for a particular candidate.
3. Right to examine decision making process.
5. Democracy is based on the idea of deliberation and negotiation.
6. Political Aspect
7. Democratic form of government.
8. Democratic government.
10. Abraham Lincoln.