CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 8 Winds, Storms and Cyclones (अध्याय 8 पवन, तूफ़ान और चक्रवात) free PDF download or View online based on latest NCERT Books for new academic session 2019 – 20.
CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 8
Winds, Storms and Cyclones: Question – Answers
- View Online Chapter 8 Answers
- Download Chapter 8 Answers
- Download NCERT Book Chapter 8
- Download Exemplar Book Chapter 8
- Download Answers Chapter 8
7 Science Chapter 8: Winds, Storms and Cyclones
Important Questions with Answers
- A curtain is hanging at the entrance of a room. A long corridor runs at right angles to the door that is parallel to the curtain. If a strong wind blows along the corridor, the curtain will
(a) get pushed inside the room.
(b) get pushed outside the room.
(c) get collected towards one end/swirled.
(d) remain unaffected.
- Following are precautions one must take in case a storm is accompanied by lightning.
(i) Do not take shelter under a tree.
(ii) Do not take shelter under an umbrella with a metallic end.
(iii) Do not take shelter in open garages, storage sheds, etc.
(iv) Do not take shelter in a bus in the open.
Which one of these is not correct?
- A fire alarm usually detects smoke in case of fire. Where should such an alarm be placed in a room?
(a) Near the door
(b) On the floor
(c) On any wall
(d) On the ceiling
- Which of the following place is most likely to be affected by a cyclone?
- Name the ocean which is mainly responsible to bring rain bearing monsoon winds to Kerala coast in June every year?
- State whether the following statements are True or False:
- (i) If wind flows from land to the ocean, then it is daytime.
- (ii) A very high pressure system, with very high speed wind surrounding it forms a cyclone.
- (iii) The coast line of India is not vulnerable to cyclones.
- (iv) Warm air is lighter than cool air.
- Paheli kept an empty bottle made of plastic inside a refrigerator. After few hours, when she opened the refrigerator she found the bottle had collapsed. Explain the possible reason.
- 1 (b)
- 2 (d)
- 3 (d)
- 4 (b)
- 5. Indian Ocean
- 6. (i) False (ii) False (iii) False (iv) True
- 7. The air inside the bottle contracts due to low temperature hence the bottle collapses due to the outside pressure.