NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 1
6 Science Chapter 1: Food: Where Does It Come From?
- View Online Chapter 1 in English
- View Online Chapter 1 in हिंदी
- Download Chapter 1 Answers
- NCERT Book Chapter 1
- Exemplar Book Chapter 1
- Answers Chapter 1
- NCERT Books for Class 6 English Medium (All Subjects)
- NCERT Books for Class 6 Hindi Medium (All Subjects)
6 Science Chapter 1 Exercises Question Answers
6 विज्ञान अध्याय 1 अभ्यास के प्रश्न उत्तर
Important Question Answers
- Given below are names of some animals:
(i) Goat (ii) Human beings (iii) Cockroach (iv) Eagle
Which of the above animals form a pair of omnivores?
(a) (i) and (ii) (b) (ii) and (iii) (c) (iii) and (iv) (d) (ii) and (iv)
Answer: (b) (ii) and (iii)
- Below are names of some animals:
(i) Cow (ii) Sheep (iii) Horse (iv) Ox
Which of the above are sources of milk for human beings?
(a) (i) and (iii) (b) (i) and (ii) (c) (ii) and (iii) (d) (iii) and (iv)
Answer: (b) (i) and (ii)
- Read each set of terms and identify the odd set
(a) Cow, milk, butter
(b) Hen, meat, egg
(c) Goat, milk, meat
(d) Plant, vegetable, butter milk
Answer: (d) Plant, vegetable, butter milk
- Why do boiled seeds fail to sprout?
Answer 8: Boiling kills the seeds.
- Where do bees store honey?
Answer: In beehives.
- Name two ingredients in our food that are not obtained from plants or animals. Mention one source for each ingredient.
Answer: (i) Salt from sea water/rocks. (ii) Water from river/well/tap/pond/tubewell/rain
- Why should we avoid wastage of food?
Answer: a- Flower: b- Bud: c- Leaf: d-Stem
- Why do organisms need food? Write two reasons.
Answer: Enough food is not available for all of us/Food is very costly and poor people cannot afford to buy/Any other reason.