NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 10 Motion and Measurement of Distances in English Medium or अध्याय 10 गति एवं दूरियों का मापन in हिंदी मीडियम or View in Video Format or download NCERT Solutions Apps following the latest CBSE Curriculum and NCERT Books for 2019-20. Have any doubt? Ask Here.
|Subject:||Science – विज्ञान|
|Chapter 10:||Motion and Measurement of Distances|
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 10
6 Science Chapter 10: Motion and Measurement of Distances
- View Online Chapter 10 Answers
- View Online अध्याय 10 के प्रश्न उत्तर
- View in Video Format
- Download Chapter 10 Answers
- NCERT Book Chapter 10
- Exemplar Book Chapter 10
- Answers Chapter 10
- NCERT Books for Class 6 English Medium (All Subjects)
- NCERT Books for Class 6 Hindi Medium (All Subjects)
6 Science Chapter 10 Exercises Question Answers
6 विज्ञान अध्याय 10 अभ्यास के प्रश्न उत्तर
6 Science Chapter 10 Solutions in Video
NCERT Solutions for class 6 Science Chapter 10 explanation with question answers in video format with complete description. Download Class 6 Apps for offline use.
Important Questions with answers
- The distance between Delhi and Mumbai is usually expressed in units of
(a) decametre (b) metre (c) centimetre (d) kilometre
- Paheli moves on a straight road from point A to point C. She takes 20 minutes to cover a certain distance AB and 30 minutes to cover the rest of distance BC. She then turns back and takes 30 minutes to cover the distance CB and 20 minutes to cover the rest of the distance to her starting point. She makes 5 rounds on the road the same way. Paheli concludes that her motion is
(a) only rectilinear motion.
(b) only periodic motion.
(c) rectilinear and periodic both.
(d) neither rectilinear nor periodic.
- Which of the following does not express a time interval?
(a) A day (b) A second (c) A school period (d) Time of the first bell in the school
- Fill in the blanks
(i) Motion of an object or a part of it around a fixed point is known as ……………. motion.
(ii) A body repeating its motion after certain interval of time is in ……… motion.
(iii) In rectilinear motion, object moves……….. a ………. line.
(iv) SI unit of length is……….
- Four children measure the length of a table which was about 2 m. Each of them used different ways to measure it.
(i) Sam measured it with a half metre long thread.
(ii) Gurmeet measured it with a 15 cm scale from her geometry box.
(iii) Reena measured it using her hand span.
(iv) Salim measured it using a 5 m long measuring tape.
Which one of them would get the most accurate length? Give reason for your answer.
- Write one example for each of the following type of motion.
(i) Rectilinear (ii) Circular (iii) Periodic (iv) Circular and periodic
- 1 (d)
- 3 (d)
- 4. (i) circular (ii) periodic (iii) straight; along (iv) metre
- 5. Salim would get the most accurate length. The reason is that in this case the length of the table can be measured in one go because the measuring tape is longer than the table. In the other cases the chance of making an error is higher due to multiple measurement. In case of Sam, he can measure the lengths which are exact multiples of half a metre.
- 6. (i) An object moving on a straight road, falling stone, etc.
(ii) A mark on blades of a rotating fan, tips of the hands of a clock, etc.
(iii) Motion of a child on a swing, motion of pendulum, strings of a guitar, etc.
(iv) Blades of a rotating fan, hands of a clock, etc.
Give two examples each, of modes of transport used on land, water and air.
Water transport : Boat, ship, steamer.
Air Transport : Aeroplane, Helicopter.
पग अथवा कदम का उपयोग लंबाई के मानक मात्रक के रूप में क्यों नहीं किया जाता?
Fill in the blank: One metre is ______________ cm.
Fill in the blank: Five kilometre is ______________ m.
रिक्त स्थान की पूर्ति कीजिए: झूले पर किसी बच्चे के गति _____________ होती है।
रिक्त स्थान की पूर्ति कीजिए: किसी साईकिल के पहिए की गति ____________ होती है।
निम्नलिखित को लंबाई के बढ़ते परिमाणों में व्यवस्थित कीजिए। 1 मीटर, 1 सेंटीमीटर, 1 किलोमीटर, 1 मिलीमीटर
While measuring the length of a knitting needle, the reading of the scale at one end is 3.0 cm and at the other end is 33.1 cm. What is the length of the needle?
Write the similarities and differences between the motion of a bicycle and a ceiling fan that has been switched on.
Difference : Bicycle shows a rectilinear motion whereas a ceiling fan does not.