NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 1 Solid State Exercises Questions and Intext Questions to view online or download in PDF format updated for new academic session 2022-2023 based on new NCERT Books. Visit to NCERT Solutions main page to get the solutions of other subjects. Ask your doubts through DISCUSSION FORUM of Tiwari Academy.
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 1
12th Chemistry Chapter 1 The Solid State Solutions
- View Online Exercise Answers
- View Online Intext Answers
- Download Exercises Solutions
- Download Intext Solutions
- NCERT Book Chapter 1
- NCERT Answers
- Revision Book Chapter 1
- Study Materials for 2022-23
- Download Assignment 1
- Download Assignment 2
- Download Assignment 3
- Download Assignment 4
- Download Level 1 Test 1
- Download Level 2 Test 1
- Download Level 3 Test 1
- Visit to Class 12 Chemistry Main Page
|Chapter 1:||The Solid State|
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 1 in PDF
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 1 the Solid State is given below to free download in PDF form updated for new academic session 2022-2023. Download NCERT Books and NCERT Solutions Offline Apps 2022-23 based on latest CBSE Syllabus.
MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS (MCQ) WITH ANSWERS
1. Which of the following conditions favours the existence of a substance in the solid state?
(i) High temperature
(ii) Low temperature
(iii) High thermal energy
(iv) Weak cohesive forces
2. Which of the following is not the characteristic of ionic solids?
(i) Very low value of electrical conductivity in the molten state.
(ii) Brittle nature.
(iii) Very strong forces of interactions.
(iv) Anisotropic nature.
3. Which of the following is not a characteristic of a crystalline solid?
(i) Definite and characteristic heat of fusion.
(ii) Isotropic nature.
(iii) A regular periodically repeated pattern of arrangement of constituent particles in the entire crystal.
(iv) A true solid
4. Graphite is a good conductor of electricity due to the presence of __________.
(i) lone pair of electrons
(ii) free valence electrons
5. Which of the following is an amorphous solid?
(i) Graphite (C)
(ii) Quartz glass (SiO2)
(iii) Chrome alum
(iv) Silicon carbide (SiC)
6. Which of the following statement is not true about amorphous solids?
(i) On heating they may become crystalline at certain temperature.
(ii) They may become crystalline on keeping for long time.
(iii) Amorphous solids can be moulded by heating.
(iv) They are anisotropic in nature.
7. Which of the following solids is not an electrical conductor?
(A) Mg (s) (B) TiO (s) (C) I2 (s) (D) H2O (s)
(i) (A) only
(ii) (B) Only
(iii) (C) and (D)
(iv) (B), (C) and (D)
8. The sharp melting point of crystalline solids is due to ___________.
(i) a regular arrangement of constituent particles observed over a short distance in the crystal lattice.
(ii) a regular arrangement of constituent particles observed over a long distance in the crystal lattice.
(iii) same arrangement of constituent particles in different directions.
(iv) different arrangement of constituent particles in different directions.
9. Which of the following is true about the value of refractive index of quartz glass?
(i) Same in all directions
(ii) Different in different directions
(iii) Cannot be measured
(iv) Always zero
10. Cations are present in the interstitial sites in __________.
(i) Frenkel defect
(ii) Schottky defect
(iii) Vacancy defect
(iv) Metal deficiency defect.
Download NCERT Books and Offline Apps 2022-23 based on new CBSE Syllabus. Ask your doubts related to NIOS or CBSE Board and share your knowledge with your friends and other users through Discussion Forum.