NCERT Solutions for Class 2 Computer Chapter 7 Uses of Computer updated for new academic session 2022-23. Class 2 Computer book chapter 7 is useful for both CBSE and state board students. This chapter explains about the uses of computer in different fields.
Uses of computer
Computer has become a part of our daily life. It helps us to do lot of things. We know that it works at a high speed. It is accurate and can store a lot of data. It has made our life simpler.
Today computers are used in every walk of life. We see computers being used in banks, offices, hospitals, railway stations, airports, schools, departmental stores etc. Let us study in details.
Computers are used at banks to store the details like name, address, phone numbers etc. The balance amount of its customers is also recorded on computers. A customer can deposit or withdraw his money in minutes using his password at ATM of bank.
Computer at Office and Hospitals
Computers are useful in offices. The record of its employees is also maintained on a computer. All the business transactions are stored in computers these days.
Computers are used to monitor the status of patients. Pulse and blood pressure are recorded through computer. Critical operations are done through computers only.
Use of Computer in Schools
At Reservation Counters
Computer helps us to book tickets. It shows the availability of journey tickets according to dates. It also shows time table of various trains and aeroplanes.
Computers are used to record all the data relating to students like fee records and progress reports. It also helps the students in study. The subjects like science and mathematics can be learnt with the help of animation and sound.
At Departmental stores
Computers store all the data about items, their prices and quantities available. It makes easy for the owners to get up-to-date data regarding daily sale and remaining stock.
Fill in the blanks
- It is accurate and can store a lot of_________.
- Pulse and blood pressure are _______through computer.
- It also helps the__________in study.
- It shows the availability of journey tickets according to __________.
- Critical ________are done through computers only.
- All the business___________ are stored in computers these days.
- Computer helps us to book ___________.
State ‘T’ for true and ‘F’ for false.
- 1. Computer makes our life boring.
- 2. Computers are used at banks.
- 3. Computers are not so helpful in the office.
- 4. Computers are useful at Reservation counters.
- 5. For the students computers are of no use.
- 6. Computer helps us to do lot of things.
- 7. We can deposit or withdraw money in minutes using password at ATM of bank.