NCERT Solutions for Class 2 Computer Chapter 8 MS Window in English Medium updated for CBSE and State board student academic session 25022-23. Grade 2 Computer book chapter 8 explains about the use of Microsoft Windows to access the other programs.
MS Window 2007
An Operating System software is must for any computer to work. A computer cannot operate without an operating system. Windows is a very special software for a computer. It helps you to operate your computer system. Window is the most popular Operating System used in personal computers.
Follow the steps given below to start windows:
- Switch ON the power switch.
- Switch ON the power button on the CPU.
- Switch ON the power button on the monitor.
- After few seconds, the windows gets loaded and Windows Desktop appears.
Windows 7 Desktop
The windows 2007 desktop has four components:
1. Desktop background
Icons :Icons are small pictures on the Desktop that represent various programs i.e. My computer, Internet Explorer, Network Neighbourhood, Recycle bin etc.
Taskbar:At the bottom of desktop you see a long bar called task bar.
Start button is at the bottom left corner of the Desktop. It contains Start menu. It has a list of all the All programs, Windows settings and many more.
Pointer is a small arrow indicating the mouse on your Desktop screen.
Shutting Down the Windows
- 1. Click the Start button.
- 2. Click on Shut down button.
- 3. Switch Off Monitor.
- 4. Switch Off UPS.
- 5. Switch Off Power Supply.
Fill in the blanks
1. The________ is the opening screen of windows operating system.
2. __________ are small symbols on the desktop that represent various programs.
3. __________ is at he bottom left corner of the Desktop.
4. Task bar is located at the ________ of the Desktop.
5. To Shut down the windows, first click the _________ button.
Write T for true and F for false
1. Switch off UPS is the second last step to shut down the window.
2. Taskbar contains the start menu.
3. Window is the opening screen of windows operating system.
4. Taskbar is located on the top of the desktop.
5. Start button has a list of all the programs.