Class 3 English Grammar Chapter 1 The Sentence
Class 3 English Grammar Chapter 1 The Sentence and there examples with complete explanation updated for new academic session 2021-2022 CBSE and other state board students. All the statements are made so easy that every student of standard 3 can understand easily.Videos related to this chapter is also available to view online or download.
Class 3 English Grammar Chapter 1 Sentence
A sentence is a group of words that makes a complete sense or meaning.
Mayank, eats, mango.
If these words are joined together in a proper order, we get a clear meaning. It is then called a sentence.
- When we say Mayank, we mean a person.
- When we say eats, we mean an action.
- When we say mango, we mean a thing.
We combine them
Mayank eats a mango.
Now read the following groups of words:
1. Mayank mango eats.
2. eats Mayank mango.
3. mango Mayank eats.
These groups of words make no sense and do not have any meaning as they are not arranged properly. Therefore, they are not sentences.
1. The words of a sentence are placed in a proper order.
2. There must be a verb (action word) in a sentence.
3. A sentence always begins with a capital letter.
4. A sentence always ends with a full stop, a question mark or an exclamation mark.
Complete the sentences:
1. Pritee is ___.
2. _____ lives in a den.
3. Give me _____.
4. We must never ____.
5. Please open ____.
6. We Indians, love _____.
7. Two and two _____.
8. Fresh fruits ____.
9. Give me _____.
10. I love _____.
1. beautiful girl
3. an apple
4. fight each other
5. the door
6. our motherland
8. are good for health
9. a glass of water
10. all human being
Rewrite the groups of words to make sentences. Use capital letters and full stops correctly:
1. books good read I
2. Sun the dawn at rises
3. night sleep at I early
4. birthday is my today.
5. favourite flower my rose is the
1. I read good books.
2. Sun rises at the dawn.
3. I sleep at night early.
4. my birthday is today.
5. rose is my favourite flower.