Class 3 English Grammar Chapter 11 Present Continuous Tense with suitable examples for CBSE Session 2022-2023 based on latest Syllabus. Here we have to learn the sentences following the pattern Is/Am/Are + Verb + Ing. Some examples with complete description are given to describe better. Assignments and chapter end exercises with MCQ helps the students to clear the doubt related the topic.
English Grammar for Grade 3 Chapter 11 Present Continuous Tense
Class 3 English Grammar Chapter 11 Present Continuous Tense
Present Continuous Tense (Is/Am/Are + verb + ing)
- Children are playing cricket.
- Father is reading the newspaper.
- Mother is cooking porridge.
- I am watching the television.
- We are going to school.
- They are swimming in the pool.
- They are playing hockey.
- Mohit is reading newspaper.
Fill in the blanks with is/are/am + verb + ing. Use the verb given in the bracket.
1. Mohita _______. (laugh)
2. Aman _______. (study)
3. Father ______. (sleep)
4. Suraj and Raman _____. (play)
5. The dog ______ (wag) its tail.
6. I _____ (write) a letter to my friend.
7. People _____ (stand) in a queue.
8. The postman ____ (deliver) letters.
9. We ______ (enjoy) the game.
10. It _________ (rain) heavily.
11. Children _______ (go) to school.
12. Shivam ______ (eat) a mango.
13. My parents ______. (work)
- 1. is laughing
- 2. is studying
- 3. is sleeping
- 4. are playing
- 5. is waging
- 6. am writing
- 7. are standing
- 8. is delivering
- 9. are enjoying
- 10. is raining
- 11. are going
- 12. is eating
- 13. are working.