Class 3 English Grammar Chapter 18 Preposition and its uses in various sentences. There are examples based on each type of preposition. Sentences are prepared in such a way, a students of grade 3 can understand easily. After doing the complete chapter, it is advised to complete the exercises given at the end of the chapter. The chapter end exercises provide a complete revision of the topic.
Class 3 English Grammar Chapter 18 Preposition
Preposition shows the relationship between a noun or a pronoun and some other words in a sentence.
- 1. There are fish is in the jar.
- 2. A book is on the table.
- 3. Ravi is jumping into the water.
- 4. A rat is coming out of the hole.
- 5. An aeroplane is flying above the house.
- 6. Priya is carrying umbrella over her head.
Complete the following sentences with the help of correct preposition given in the bracket:
1. The dog ran _____ the cat. (behind, after)
2. Rama lived _____ a small village. (on, in)
3. I have great respect ______ my teacher. (for, to)
4. Birds were chirping ______ the garden. (in, on)
5. Who is knocking ______ the door. (at, to)
6. This lady comes _______ America. (from/for)
7. There is a wall ________ the river. (round, after)
8. There is a bridge _______ the river. (on, over)
9. She carried the umbrella _____ her head. (over, at)
10. Simmi was sitting _____the window. (near, to)
Fill in the blanks with at, in, on, since, for:
1. Mr. Basu lives ______ Kolkata.
2. Many gutters get choked _______ the rainy season.
3. Our examinations begin _______ Thursday.
4. India fought her first battle of Independence _____ 1857.
5. Raghav’s father has been running ________ two house.
6. I know her ______ the last three years.
7. We hope to meet _____ dinner.
Fill in the blanks with ‘between’ and ‘among’:
1. The fairy sat ______ Twinkle and Sparkle.
2. The teacher stood _______ all the students.
3. The boys fought _______ themselves in the class.
4. Daisy sat ___________ her mother and father in the church.
5. _______ all the fruits, I like the mango.