Class 3 English Grammar Chapter 20 Interjections with suitable examples, answers of questions given in assignments, practice exercises and other study material updated for academic session 2022-2023. All the contents are free to use on Tiwari Academy website and App. Complete the chapter 20 of Grade 3 English Grammar first using the book given here and then practice the questions given at the end of the chapter. This will provide a complete revision of the chapter 20 of 3rd Standard Grammar.
Class 3 English Grammar Chapter 20 Interjections
An interjection is a word that expresses sudden feelings: Joy, grief, surprise, praise, anger etc.
- 1. Hello! How are you?
- 2. Hurrah! We have won the match.
- 3. Alas! My granny is dead!
- 4. Hush! The baby is asleep.
- 5. Hurrah! We have won the tennis match.
- 6. Oh! I forgot to tell you something.
- 7. Ah! What a pleasant surprise.
- 8. Oh God! I got such fright.
- 9. Bravo! Well done.
Note: Hello!, Hurray!, Alas!, Ah!, Oh!, Hush!, Bravo! Oh God! are interjections.
Interjections and their Expressions:
|Bravo!||Praise for goodness|
Match the following columns:
Fill in the blanks:
1. _____! How can you behave like this?
2. ______! I have secured first position in the class.
3. ______! I have won a prize.
4. ______! Did you hear me?
5. _______! I have lost my job.
6. _______! How could you do this?
Combine the Interjections with suitable sentences.
1. Oh! (a) What brings you here?
2. Ah! (b) the patient is sleeping.
3. Hurrah! (c) She is dead.
4. Hello! (d) What is that noise?
5. Hush! (e) A wonderful hit.
6. Alas! (f) What a stupid fellow!
7. Bravo! (g) What a pity!
8. Hark! (h) We have won the game.