CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 5 Acids, Bases and Salts (अध्याय 5 अम्ल, क्षारक और लवण) free to download all solutions in PDF or View online following the latest CBSE Books for the new session 2019 – 20.
CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 5
Acids, Bases and Salts: Question – Answers
- View Online Chapter 5 Answers
- Download Chapter 5 Answers
- Download NCERT Book Chapter 5
- Download Exemplar Book Chapter 5
- Download Answers Chapter 5
7 Science Chapter 5: Acids, Bases and Salts
Important Questions with Answers
- ‘Litmus’, a natural dye is an extract of which of the following?
(a) China rose (Gudhal)
(d) Blue berries (Jamun)
- The correct way of making a solution of acid in water is to
(a) add water to acid.
(b) add acid to water.
(c) mix acid and water simultaneously.
(d) add water to acid in a shallow container.
- Neutralisation reaction is a
(a) physical and reversible change.
(b) physical change that cannot be reversed.
(c) chemical and reversible change.
(d) chemical change that cannot be reversed.
- Products of a neutralisation reaction are always
(a) an acid and a base.
(b) an acid and a salt.
(c) a salt and water.
(d) a salt and a base.
- A solution changes the colour of turmeric indicator from yellow to red. The solution is
(d) either neutral or acidic
- Turmeric is a natural indicator. On adding its paste to acid and base separately, which colours would be observed
(a) Yellow in both acid and base.
(b) Yellow in acid and red in base.
(c) Pink in acid and yellow in base.
(d) Red in acid and blue in base.
- Which of the following set of substances contain acids?
(a) Grapes, lime water
(b) Vinegar, soap
(c) Curd, milk of magnesia
(d) Curd, vinegar
- Phenolphthalein is a synthetic indicator and its colours in acidic and basic solutions, respectively are
(a) red and blue.
(b) blue and red.
(c) pink and colourless.
(d) colourless and pink
- On adding phenolphthalein indicator to a colourless solution, no change is observed. What is the nature of this solution?
(b) Either acidic or basic
(c) Either acidic or neutral
(d) Either basic or neutral
- When the soil is too basic, plants do not grow well in it. To improve its quality what must be added to the soil?
(a) Organic matter
(b) Quick lime
(c) Slaked lime
(d) Calamine solution
- 1 (c)
- 2 (b)
- 3 (d)
- 4 (c)
- 5 (a)
- 6 (b)
- 7 (d)
- 8 (d)
- 9 (c)
- 10 (a)