NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English First Flight Chapter 11: The Proposal with Summery of Lesson This includes all answers of oral comprehension check, working with the text, extra questions with answers, working with language, speaking and writing skills, etc. Download Offline Apps based on updated NCERT Solutions for 2019-20.
|Class 10:||English – First Flight|
|Chapter 11:||The Proposal|
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English First Flight Chapter 11
Visit to Class 10 English main page
The Proposal – Answers
- First Flight Chapter 11: The Proposal
- Summery of Chapter
- First Flight Chapter 9: Comprehension Passages
10 English Chapter 11: The Proposal – Answers
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English First Flight Chapter 11: The Proposal is given below with all questions answers, working with the text, working with language, writing and reading, oral comprehension check, etc. Visit to Class 10 English main page or Top of the page.
Summery of Chapter
Passages with Question Answer
I. Read the following passage and answer the questions that follows:
My late aunt and her husband, from whom, as you know, I inherited my land, always had the greatest respect for your father and your late mother. The Lomovs and the Chubukovs have always had the most friendly, and I might almost say the most affectionate, regard for each other. And, as you know, my land is a near neighbour of yours. You will remember that my Oxen Meadows touch your birchwoods.
1. Write down the topic under discussion.
2. What does he tell about the two families?
3. Which word in the passage means the same as ‘dear’? See Answers
II. Read the following passage and answer the questions that follows:
There’s nothing to argue about. You see my aunt’s grandmother gave the free use of these Meadows in perpetuity to the peasants of your father’s grandfather, in return for which they were to make bricks for her. The peasants belonging to your father’s grandfather had the free use of the Meadows for forty years, and had got into the habit of regarding them as their own, when it happened that…
1. Who gave the Meadows and to whom?
2. What were they supposed to do?
3. Which word in the passage means the same as ‘farmers’? See Answers
III. Read the following passage and answer the questions that follows:
NATALYA: The monster! First he takes our land and then he has the impudence to abuse us.
CHUBUKOV: And that blind hen, yes, that turnip-ghost has the confounded cheek to make a proposal, and so on! What? A proposal!
1. Who are these two people talking to?
2. How does the first speaker accuse?
3. Which word in the passage means the same as ‘wickedness’? See Answers
Answers for passages
Comprehension Passage I – Answers
1. It is about the Oxen Meadows.
2. He says that Lomovs and Chubukovs have been the friendliest.
Comprehension Passage II – Answers
1. The aunt’s grandmother of Lomov gave the Oxen Meadows to the peasants of Chubukov’s grandfather.
2. They were supposed to prepare bricks for Lomov’s aunt.
Comprehension Passage III – Answers
1. These are the daughter and the father ‘Natalya and Chubukov’.
2. The first speaker accuses Lomov of grabbing their land.