Class 2 English Grammar Chapter 14 Preposition and its uses in sentence making. All the contents related to Grade 2 English Grammar are available free to download without any restriction. Class 2nd English Grammar study material is updated for CBSE and State Board academic session 2023-2024. Students can use these solutions online as well as offline format free. PDF to download are given chapter wise at each section of Class 2 English Grammar.
Class 2 English Grammar Chapter 14 Preposition and Its Uses
Class 2 English Grammar Chapter 14 Preposition
Here we will study about Preposition. Learn here the use of Preposition with the help of examples given in the chapter. Preposition is a word which shows the relationship between a noun or a pronoun and some other words in a sentence. Use of Preposition is also important for next classes.
Use of Preposition
- The bird is on the tree.
- The cat is in the table.
- The cow is near the tree.
- The tree is behind the hut.
- Car is parked of in front the house.
- There is a girl with the boy.
- The cat is sitting between the trees.
The words on, in, near, behind, in front of, with and between show the relationship between a noun or pronoun in each of the sentences. So they are prepositions.
Write the Prepositions in the Following Sentences:
1. The boy is sitting on the chair.
2. There is a tree in front of my house.
3. Shivam is standing between his father and mother.
4. The calendar is on the wall.
5. The aeroplane is flying over the buildings.
Pick the Correct Preposition from Box and Complete the Sentences.
1. Where is the book?
The book is (on, in) the table.
2. Where is the cat sitting?
The cat is sitting (in, under) the tree.
3. Where is the rabbit?
The rabbit is (in, under) the chair.
4. Where is the child?
The child is standing (behind, between) his house.
- 1. on
- 2. under
- 3. under
- 4. behind