NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 4 Exercise 4.4 (Class 10 Ex. 4.4) Quadratic Equations (Dwighat Samikaran) in PDF format to free download. All the Solutions are available to study online or in PDF format to free download for session 2022-23. UP Board Students are now using NCERT Books for their course study. They can use these solutions for solving their doubts. They can download UP Board Solution for Class 10 Maths Exercise 4.4 in Hindi Medium free of cost. NCERT Solutions 2022-2023 are available in Video Format as well as Hindi Medium and English Medium free for CBSE board as well as UP Board students. All the solutions are based on NCERT Books for the academic years 2022-23. Vedic Maths is very effective to improve calculation. Use Vedic Maths to make your calculation easier and faster than ever.
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 4 Exercise 4.4
|Class: 10||Maths (English and Hindi Medium)|
|Chapter 4:||Exercise 4.4|
10 Maths Chapter 4 Exercise 4.4 Solutions
NCERT CBSE Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 4 Exercise 4.4 Quadratic Equations in English & Hindi Medium for online study is given below. Visit to Class 10 Maths Chapter 4 main page to get all exercises in PDF form. Download Class 10 Maths App for offline use. Students should go for Vedic Maths to improve calculations. Download (Exercise 4.4) in PDF form to use it offline otherwise online solutions are given below.
Class 10 Maths Chapter 4 Exercise 4.4 Solution in Videos
Word Problems with Answers for Practice
- If the list price of the book is reduced by ₹5, a person can buy 5 more books for ₹300. Find the original cost price of the book. [Answer: ₹20]
- A Piece of cloth costs ₹200. If the piece was 5m longer and each metre of cloth costs ₹2 less, the cost of the piece would have remained unchanged. How long is the piece and what is the original rate per metre? [Answer: Length = 20m, rate = ₹10/meter]
- A trader bought a number of articles for ₹900. Five articles were found damaged. He sold each of the remaining articles at ₹2 more than what he paid for it. He got a profit of ₹80 on the whole transaction. Find the number of articles he bought. [Answer: 75]
- A plane left 30 minutes later than the schedule time and in order to reach the destination 1500 km away in time it has to increase its speed by 250 km/hr from its usual speed. Find its usual speed. [Answer: 750 km/h]
- If a student had walked 1 km/h faster, he should have taken 15 minutes less to walk 3 km. Find the rate at which he walking. [Answer: 3 km/h]
Feedback for 10th Maths Chapter 4 Solutions
We have updated the solutions of Chapter 4 Class 10 Maths according to latest CBSE NCERT Syllabus 2022-2023. Please provide your feedback about the contents. Ask your doubts related to NIOS or CBSE Board and share your knowledge with your friends and other users through Discussion Forum.
EXTRA QUESTIONS FROM CBSE BOARD PAPERS
- If the sum of first n even natural numbers is 420. Find the value of n. [Answer: n = 20]
- While boarding an aeroplane a passenger got hurt. The pilot showing promptness and concern, made arrangements to hospitalise the injured and so the plane started late by 30 minutes to reach the destination, 1500 km away in time, the pilot increased the speed by 100 km/hr. Find the original speed /hour of the plane. [Answer: 500 km/h]
- A person wishes to fix three rods together in the shape of a right angled triangle. The hypotenuse is 4 cm longer than the base and 8 cm longer than the altitude. Find the length of each rod. [Answer: 12 cm, 16 cm, 20 cm]
- A takes 10 days less than the time taken by B to finish a piece of work. If both A and B together can finish the work in 12 days, find the time taken by B to finish the work alone. What are the moral values reflected in this question which are to be adopted in our life? [Answer: 30 days]
Important Questions of 10th Maths Exercise 4.4
Who was the first to use Quadratic Equations?
Many people believe that Babylonians were the first to solve quadratic equations. For instance, they knew how to find two positive numbers with a given positive sum and a given positive product, and this problem is equivalent to solving a quadratic equation of the form x² – px + q = 0
What was the Euclid’s contribution in Quadratic Equations?
Greek mathematician Euclid developed a geometrical approach for finding out lengths which, in our present day terminology, are solutions of quadratic equations.
Who derive the explicit formula for Quadratic Equations?
Solving of quadratic equations, in general form, is often credited to ancient Indian mathematicians. In fact, Brahmagupta (A.D.598–665) gave an explicit formula to solve a quadratic equation of the form ax² + bx = c.
Who had derived the Quadratic Formula for solving quadratic equations?
An Indian Mathematician Sridharacharya (A.D. 1025) derived a formula, which is known as the quadratic formula.
How many questions are there in exercise 4.4 of 10th Maths?
There are 5 questions in exercise 4.4 of class 10th mathematics chapter 4 (Quadratic equations) and Q2, 3, 4 and 5 are important.
How do we find discriminant in ex. 4.4 of 10th Maths?
b² – 4ac is called the discriminant of the quadratic equation ax² + bx + c = 0.
What are the conditions for real roots in Class 10 Maths Exercise 4.4?
A quadratic equation ax² + bx + c = 0 has
- (i) Two distinct real roots, if b² – 4ac > 0
- (ii) Two equal real roots, if b² – 4ac = 0
- (iii) No real roots, if b² – 4ac < 0.
How much time need to complete exercise 4.4 of class 10th Maths?
Students can take at most 2-3 hours to complete exercise 4.4 (chapter 4) of class 10th mathematics.