NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 3 Exercise 3.4
NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths Chapter 3 Exercise 3.4 (Ex. 3.4 Class 10) Pair of linear equations in two variables in Hindi Medium and English Medium in PDF format. Class 10 CBSE Solutions are available in PDF and Videos Format to download or free to use and study online for session 2020-21. UP Board students can also take the benefits of these solutions as UP Board, Prayagraj has announced to implement NCERT Books for High School students in the session 2020-2021. NCERT Solutions Apps for 2020-21 and PDF Solutions both are updated as per student’s convenience and according to CBSE Curriculum 2020-21 for Gujrat Board, MP Board, UP board / Uttarakhand Board / CBSE board based on new NCERT Books.Download here (Exercise 3.4) in PDF form. For any further suggestions you are most welcome. We are here to help you, so contact us without any hesitation.
- 1 Class 10 Maths Exercise 3.4 Solutions
- 1.0.1 Important Questions with answers
- 1.0.2 What do you understand about the consistency of lines if the lines intersect in a single point?
- 1.0.3 What would be the conclusion if the lines are parallel?
- 1.0.4 How many solutions are there if the lines are coincident?
- 1.0.5 Which question is most important in 10th Maths Chapter 3 Exercise 3.4?
NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths Chapter 3 Exercise 3.4
|Class: 10||Maths (English and Hindi Medium)|
|Chapter 3:||Exercise 3.4|
10 Maths Chapter 3 Exercise 3.4 Solutions
NCERT CBSE Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 3 Exercise 3.4 in English & Hindi medium online to use or download in PDF form free for academic session 2020-21. Download all Exercises of Class 10 Maths Chapter 3 Solutions main page. Download Offline Apps 2020-21 based on latest NCERT Books 2020-2021.
Class 10 Maths Chapter 3 Exercise 3.4 Solution in Hindi Medium Video
Class 10 Maths Exercise 3.4 Question wise Solutions
Class 10 Maths Chapter 3 Exercise 3.4 Solution
Important Questions on Linear Equations
- Two numbers are in the ration of 5:6. If 8 is subtracted from each of the numbers, they become in the ratio of 4:5. Find the numbers. [Answer: 40, 48]
- Given the linear equation 2x + 3y – 12 = 0, write another linear equation in these variables, such that. geometrical representation of the pair so formed is (i) Parallel Lines (ii) Coincident Lines. [Answer: (i). 4x+6y+10=0, (ii). 4x+6y-24=0]
- The ratio between girls and boys in a class of 40 students is 2:3. Five new students joined the class. How many of them must be boys so that the ratio between girls and boys becomes 4:5? [Answer: 1]
- The difference of two number is 66. If one number is four times the other, find the numbers. [Answer: 88, 22]
- A sum of money was distributed equally among a certain number of children. If there were 10 children more, each would get a rupee less. But if there were 15 children less, each would get of ₹3 more. Find the sum of money distributed and also the number of children. [Answer: ₹200, 40]
Important Questions with answers
- For what value of k, the following system of equations will be inconsistent: kx + 3y = k – 3; 12x + ky = k. [Answer: k = -6]
- Solve graphically the pair of linear equations 5x – y = 5 and 3x – 2y = – 4 Also find the co-ordinates of the points where these lines intersect y-axis. [Answer: (2, 5), (0, -5) and (0, 2)]
- A number consists of two digits. When it is divided by the sum of the digits, the quotient is 6 with no remainder. When the number is diminished by 9, the digits are reversed. Find the number. [Answer: 54]
- For what values of a and b the following pair of linear equations have infinite number of solutions?
2x + 3y = 7; a(x + y) – b(x – y) = 3a + b – 2. [Answer: a = 5, b = 1]
- The sum of a two digit number and the number obtained by interchanging the digits is 132. If the two digits differ by 2, find the number. [Answer: 75 or 57]
Download CBSE NCERT Books for Class 10 all subjects and CBSE Online as well as Offline Apps 2020-21 based on new CBSE Syllabus free. Ask your doubts related to NIOS or CBSE Board and share your knowledge with your friends and other users through Discussion Forum.
What do you understand about the consistency of lines if the lines intersect in a single point?
If the lines intersect in a single point. Then, the pair of equations has a unique solution (consistent pair of equations).
What would be the conclusion if the lines are parallel?
If the lines are parallel. In this case, the equations have no solution (inconsistent pair of equations).
How many solutions are there if the lines are coincident?
If the lines are coincident. In this case, the equations have infinitely many solutions [dependent (consistent) pair of equations]
Which question is most important in 10th Maths Chapter 3 Exercise 3.4?
Most of the parts of Class 10 Maths Exercise 3.4 Question 2 are asked in CBSE Examination. But the third (iii) part is the most important as it is asked more than twice in Board Examination.