NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Maths Chapter 2 Fractions and Decimals in Hindi and English Medium updated for CBSE Session 2022-2023.
7th Maths Chapter 2 Solutions in English Medium
7th Maths Chapter 2 Solutions in Hindi Medium
- Class 7 Maths Exercise 2.1 in Hindi
- Class 7 Maths Exercise 2.2 in Hindi
- Class 7 Maths Exercise 2.3 in Hindi
- Class 7 Maths Exercise 2.4 in Hindi
- Class 7 Maths Exercise 2.5 in Hindi
- Class 7 Maths Exercise 2.6 in Hindi
- Class 7 Maths Exercise 2.7 in Hindi
- Class 7th Maths Solutions Page
- Class 7 all Subjects Solutions
Class 7 Maths Chapter 2 all Exercises Solutions
- NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Maths Chapter 2 Exercise 2.1
- NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Maths Chapter 2 Exercise 2.2
- NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Maths Chapter 2 Exercise 2.3
- NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Maths Chapter 2 Exercise 2.4
- NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Maths Chapter 2 Exercise 2.5
- NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Maths Chapter 2 Exercise 2.6
- NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Maths Chapter 2 Exercise 2.7
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Maths Chapter 2
7th Maths Exercise 2.1, Exercise 2.2, Exercise 2.3, Exercise 2.4, Exercise 2.5, Exercise 2.6 and Exercise 2.7 in English Medium and Hindi Medium for 2022-23. Download Prashnavali 2.1, Prashnavali 2.2, Prashnavali 2.3, Prashnavali 2.4, Prashnavali 2.5, Prashnavali 2.6 and Prashnavali 2.7 in Hindi Medium free in PDF file format. You may use these solutions offline after downloading or study online without download. NCERT (https://ncert.nic.in/) Solutions 2022-23 for all other subjects are also available to download in updated form according to new CBSE NCERT Books.
|Chapter 2:||Fractions and Decimals|
|Content:||NCERT Textbook Solution|
|Mode of Content:||Text and Videos Format|
|Medium:||Hindi and English Medium|
7 Maths Chapter 2 Solutions
7 Maths Chapter 2 Fractions and Decimals all exercises solutions are given below in Hindi and English Medium. You can download it without any login or password.
About NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Maths Chapter 2
In Class 7 Mathematics Chapter 2 Fractions and Decimals, we will learn how to convert a number into decimal and decimal into fraction. Normally we represent fraction in the following ways:
1. Proper Fraction: A proper fraction is a fraction that represents a part of a whole. In which the numerator is always smaller than the denominator.
2. Improper Fraction: An improper fraction is a combination of whole and a proper fraction.
Note: When two proper fractions are multiplied, the product is less than each of the fractions. Or, we say the value of the product of two proper fractions is smaller than each of the two fractions. Download Class 7 Maths App in English or Class 7 Maths App in Hindi for offline use.
Class 7 Maths Try These
We also go through the multiplication of a number with fractions. To multiply a whole number with a proper or an improper fraction, we multiply the whole number with the numerator of the fraction, keeping the denominator same. But to multiply a mixed fraction to a whole number, first convert the mixed fraction to an improper fraction and then multiply.
Important Questions on Class 7 Maths Chapter 2
Lipika reads a book for 1 and 3/4 hours everyday. She reads the entire book in 6 days. How many hours in all were required by her to read the book?
Time taken by Lipika to read a book = 1 and 3/4 hours.
She reads entire book in 6 days.
Now, hours taken by her to read the entire book = (1 and 3/4) x 6 = 7/4 x 6 = 21/2
Thus, 10 and 1/2 hours were required by her to read the book.
A car runs 16 km using 1 litre of petrol. How much distance will it cover using 2 and 3/4 litres of petrol?
In 1 litre of pertrol, car covers the distance = 16 km
In litres of petrol, car covers the distance = 2 and 3/4 of 16 km = 11/4 x 16 = 44 km
Thus, the car will cover 44 km distance.
Which is greater: 0.5 or 0.05
0.5 > 0.05
Shyam bought 5 kg 300 g apples and 3 kg 250 g mangoes. Sarala bought 4 kg 800 g oranges and 4 kg 150 g bananas. Who bought more fruits?
Total weight of fruits bought by Shyam = 5 kg 300 g + 3 kg 250 g = 8 kg 550 g
Total weight of fruits bought by Sarala = 4 kg 800 g + 4 kg 150 g = 8 kg 950 g
On comparing the quantity of fruits, 8 kg 550 g < 8 kg 950 g Therefore, Sarala bought more fruits.
How much less is 28 km than 42.6 km?
We have to find the difference of 42.6 km and 28 km.
Difference = 42.6 – 28.0 = 14.6 km
Therefore 14.6 km less is 28 km than 42.6 km.
Updates & Modifications
Now the NCERT solutions for 2022-23 and answers of class 7 Maths are available in both the mode Online as well as Downloadable form for the convenience of students. The new updates is uploaded frequently based on latest NCERT Books.
How can students easily prepare chapter 2 of class 7th Maths?
No, students can’t skip chapter 2 (Fractions and Decimals) of class 7th Maths. Chapter 2 of class 7th Maths is a very useful chapter because this chapter is helpful in higher maths classes also. This chapter is a very interesting chapter.
How many exercises are there in chapter 2 of class 7th Maths?
Chapter 2 of class 7th Maths has seven exercises. The fifth exercise (exercise 2.5) has the highest number of questions (9 questions), and the fourth exercise (exercise 2.4) has the least number of questions (4 questions).
What are the sub-topics under the topic Fractions and Decimals (chapter 2 of grade 7th Maths)?
The sub-topics under the topic Fractions and Decimals (chapter 2 of grade 7th Maths) are:
2. Greater than, less than in fractions
3. Addition and Subtraction of fractions.
4. Addition and Subtraction of fractions-statement questions
5. Multiplication of fractions.
6. Multiplication of fractions-statement questions.
7. Division of fractions.
8. Reciprocal of fractions.
9. Decimal numbers.
10. Greater than, less than in decimals.
11. Addition of decimals.
12. Multiplication of decimals.
13. Multiplication of decimals-statement questions.
14. Division of decimals.
15. Division of decimals-statement questions.
Is there any need to practice extra questions of chapter 2 of class 7th Maths?
No, there is no need to practice extra questions of chapter 2 of class 7th Maths. Questions of NCERT are enough for practice. If students want to practice more questions of chapter 2 of class 7th Maths, they can refer to R.S. Aggarwal.