NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 12 Electricity and Circuits in English Medium following the new CBSE Curriculum and NCERT Solutions Apps or view in Video Format based on NCERT Books for 2019-20.
|Chapter 12:||Electricity and Circuits|
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 12
6 Science Chapter 12: Electricity and Circuits
- View Online Chapter 12 Answers
- View in Video Format
- Download Chapter 12 Answers
- NCERT Book Chapter 12
- Exemplar Book Chapter 12
- Answers Chapter 12
- NCERT Books for Class 6 English Medium (All Subjects)
- NCERT Books for Class 6 Hindi Medium (All Subjects)
6 Science Chapter 12 Exercises Question Answers
6 Science Chapter 12 Solutions in Video
NCERT Solutions for class 6 Science Chapter 12 explanation with question answers in video format with complete description. Download Class 6 Apps for offline use.
Important Questions with answers
- In an electric bulb, light is produced due to the glowing of
(a) the glass case of the bulb.
(b) the thin filament.
(c) the thick wires supporting the filament.
(d) gases inside glass case of the bulb.
- Filament of a torch bulb is
(a) a metal case.
(b) metal tip at the centre of the base.
(c) two thick wires.
(d) a thin wire.
- Choose the incorrect statement.
(a) A switch is the source of electric current in a circuit.
(b) A switch help to complete or break the circuit.
(c) A switch helps us to use electricity as per our requirement.
(d) When the switch is open there is an air gap between its terminals.
- Paheli is running short of connecting wires. To complete an electric circuit, she may use a
(a) glass bangle. (b) thick thread. (c) rubber pipe. (d) steel spoon.
- When the chemicals in the electric cell are used up, the electric cell stops producing electricity. The electric cell is then replaced with a new one. In case of rechargeable batteries (such as the type used in mobile phones, camera and inverters), they are used again and again. How?
- Why do bulbs have two terminals?
- Paheli wanted to glow a torch bulb using a cell. She could not get connecting wires, instead, she got two strips of aluminium foil. Will she succeed? Explain, how?
- A torch is not functioning, though contact points in the torch are in working condition. What can be the possible reasons for this? Mention any three.
- 1 (b)
- 2 (d)
- 3 (a)
- 4 (d)
- 5. Rechargeable batteries can be recharged by providing them appropriate current.
- 6. Bulb has two terminals to connect the filament with the circuit so that the current can pass through it.
- 7. Yes. Aluminium foils can act as connecting wires.
- 8. The possible reason could be
(i) the bulb may be fused. (ii) the cells may have been used up. (iii) the cells are not placed in the correct order. (iv) the switch is faulty.