NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths Chapter 14 exercise 14.4, 14.3, 14.2 & 14.1 (प्रश्नावली 14.1, 14.2, 14.3 & प्रश्नावली 14.4) Statistics for UP Board and CBSE Board in Hindi and English medium PDF form to free download. NCERT Books for all Classes in both (Hindi & English) Medium in PDF form. Important questions and CBSE board exam questions, practice papers with answers and solutions will be available to download as well as study online. Solutions of class 10 all subjects, move here to Click Here.
NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths Chapter 14
NCERT Solutions – Statistics – Class 10 Maths
- Exercise 14.1
- Exercise 14.2
- Exercise 14.3
- Exercise 14.4
- NCERT Books in Hindi & English Medium
- प्रश्नावली 14.1
- प्रश्नावली 14.2
- प्रश्नावली 14.3
- प्रश्नावली 14.4
- प्रश्नावली 14.1, 14.2, 14.3 & प्रश्नावली 14.4 in Hindi will be uploaded very soon.
The modern society is essentially data oriented. These data may relate to population, mortality rate and literacy rate, run rates of batsman in cricket, rainfall of different cities and countries, temperatures of different towns and expenditures in various organisations and so on. It is, therefore, essential to know to represent ‘meaningful’ information from such data. This extraction of useful or meaningful information is studied in the branch of mathematics called statistics.
Formulae related to Statistics
The mean for grouped data can be found by:
The mode for grouped data can be found by using the formula:
The median for grouped data is formed by using the formula:
There is an empirical relationship between the three measures of central tendency: 3 Median = 2 Mean + Mode.
About the chapter – Statistics Class 10 Maths
In the chapter Statistics, the students will be introduced to cumulative frequency tables, graphical representations of data in the form of bar charts (graphs), histograms and frequency polygons. Sometimes, we are required to describe the data arithmetically, like describing mean age of a class of students, mean height of a group of students, median score or model shoe size of a group. In lesson on statistics, students will be introduced to three measures of central tendency i.e., mean, median, mode of ungrouped data and mean of grouped data.
- Karl Pearson, British statistician, is a leading founder of modern field of statistics. He established the discipline of mathematical statistics. The term STANDARD DEVIATION was first used by Karl Pearson in 1894 as a replacement of term MEAN ERROR used by Carl Gauss.
- In 1812, Pierre de Laplace established many fundamental result in statistics.
- Sharadchandra Shankar Shrikhande (born on October 19, 1917) is an Indian mathematician with distinguished and well recognized achievements in combinatorial mathematics. He is notable for his breakthrough work along with R.C. Bose and E. T. Parker in their disproof of the famous conjecture made by Leonhard Euler dated 1782 that there do not exist two mutually orthogonal Latin squares of order 4n + 2 for every n. Shrikhande’s specialty was combinatorics and statistical designs. Shrikhande graph is used in statistical designs.
- According to H.G. Wells, statistical thinking will one day be as necessary for efficient citizenship, as the ability to read and write.